Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety Officer Jobs, Quality Assurance Jobs, Lee & Myles Jobs
Position: Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety Officer
Salary: Ksh 50,000 – 70,000
Our client is one of the leading electronic security solutions provider in East Africa dealing with access control systems, Fire Safety Systems, CCTV, Intruder detection systems among others. They seek to hire an experienced person in the role of Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety Officer.
- Ensure compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety Laws and requirements.
- Evaluate the workplace environment and develop safety-management policies that identify and define the safety responsibilities of all employees.
- Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the organization which should include first aid and fire marshals.
- Liaise with relevant regulatory authorities on securing new, and reporting on existing operations, permits and licenses in a timely manner.
- Lead formal risk assessment for the evaluation and management of occupational EHS hazards across the company’s activities and branches /sites.
- Coordinate with various departments/ functional units to identify key risk areas and priorities, produce and maintain EHS risk registers.
- Engage with, audit and report on third party contractor required to meet Corporate EHS policy and procedures.
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are recorded, investigated and corrective and preventive actions are taken based on the findings and maintain an incident Register.
- Prepare EHS internal and external audit schedules, ensure implementation of the same. The schedules shall include NEMA environment self-audit, OSHA audit, noise survey, fire audit and city council fire inspection and clearance.
- Conduct fire drills and co-ordinate firefighting equipment service.
- Schedule and facilitate safety committee meetings at a minimum quarterly.
- Set corporate targets and goals for EHS performance improvement.
- Relevant Bsc. or Higher Diploma in relevant area
- Professional qualification in EHS will be a clear advantage
- 3 – 5 years’ experience preferably in a security technology company
- Expert understanding of the EHS regulations and compliance in Kenya
- Familiarity with International Environmental Management Systems and Health and Safety Management systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of integrated management system ISO 9001, HACCP, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 standard plus any other management systems that may apply.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their applications to email@example.com quoting “QUALITY, ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER” in the email subject line. Applications for this role closes on 21st February 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MUST READ >>> New Job Offer? 6 Things To Consider Before Saying “Yes”