Quality Assurance & Compliance Manager Jobs, Quality Assurance Jobs In Kenya, KLDC Jobs
Kenya Leather Development Council (KLDC) is a State Corporation established by the Government of Kenya under the Kenya Leather Development Council Order, 2011 (Legal Notice No. 114 of 9th September, 2011), under the State Corporations Act (Cap. 446), Laws of Kenya, to provide leadership and policy direction in regulation, production, processing and marketing in leather industry so as to promote equitable development and poverty reduction.
Pursuant to this objective, the Council is seeking to recruit qualified officers for the position of:
MANAGER, QUALITY ASSURANCE AND COMPLIANCE, JOB GRADE KLDC 3 (1 position) Job Ref No.: KLDC/001/2020
Duties and Responsibilities will entail:
- Inspection and verification of leather and related products imports and exports;
- Initiate development and review of leather standards and guidelines;
- Initiate the development, review and implementation of leather standards in the sector in collaboration with KEBs and other stakeholders;
- Registration of leather industry players, (Tanneries, exporters/importers, manufacturers, accessories chemical suppliers and service providers);
- Monitor quality of raw materials and inputs;
- Carry out capacity building/training in leather value chain;
- Participate in development and revision of training curriculum and materials;
- Inspection, verification and certification of imports and exports (impex);
- Develop and implement quality assurance management system; and
- Ensure appropriate environmental management systems are in
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- A minimum period of six (6) years relevant work experience, three (3) of which should be in a management position in the Public Service or Private
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in leather related field from a recognized
- Possession of a Masters Degree in leather related field is an added
- Have a certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized
- Professional qualification and membership to a professional body, where
- Be proficient in computer
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution.
- Demonstrate competence in work performance.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates are advised to download and complete the Candidates’ Profile and Application Form (from the ‘Vacancies’ section at www.leathercouncil.go.ke) indicating the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching certified copies of academic certificates and professional qualifications and National ID. Hand-delivered application can also be dropped at the Council’s Reception Desk located at CPA Centre, 5th Floor, Thika Road, next to KCA University.
Applications should be received not later than 5.00 pm, on 10th February, 2020. Kenya Leather Development Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women, Youth, Persons with disabilities and those from marginalized communities and minority groups are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Detailed job description and specifications for the advertised positions and the job application form may be found on our website www.leathercouncil.go.ke