Quality Health Safety Environment Internships, Internships In Kenya, Sanergy Jobs
Position: Quality Health Safety Environment (QSHE) Intern
Sanergy is an award winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer and insect based animal protein. Sanergy manufactures and distributes Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and Kuzapro Insect Based Animal Protein, under the Farm Star brands. The company seeks to recruit QHSE coordinators on an Internship level who will support coordination of quality, health, safety and environmental activities in the organization.
- Coordinate non-lab Goods In and Goods Out Inspection. Coordinate with teams to complete associated CAPA
- Participate in the assessment, design, implementation and maintenance of process changes required to achieve and maintain standards set by product certification bodies for both local and international markets for all products (e.g. KEBS standards. Also refer to assessment and prevention methodologies like HACCP)
- Participate in the assessment, design, implementation and maintenance of process changes required to achieve and maintain standards set by workplace safety regulatory bodies (regulatory bodies e.g. DOSH. Also refer to assessment methodologies like HAZID and HAZOP)
- Participate in the assessment, design, implementation and maintenance of process changes required to achieve and maintain standards set by environmental regulatory bodies e.g. NEMA
- Support operational teams to implement workplace organization (5S).
- Coordinate all workplace audit work and the collection, analysis and reporting of HSE data across the organization. Coordinate with teams to ensure timely resolution of HSE CAPA.
- Coordinate execution of HSE activities relating to fire preparedness, accident & incident preparedness and employee wellness. Coordinate HSE learning and competence across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, biological sciences, or ESH related fields
- 0 – 1 years of experience in quality, health, safety and environment related work
- Proficiency in MS packages (word, excel, powerpoint)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- KRA PIN
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Academic Transcripts and Academic Certificates
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter clearly indicating your available start state (include notice period) and your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 24th January, 2020. Kindly indicate your salary expectations.