Revenue Officer Jobs, Finance Jobs In Kenya, Kakamega County Jobs
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant position:
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING – KAKAMEGA COUNTY REVENUE AGENCY
Revenue Officer I, Job Group CPSB 09 (28 Posts)
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 37,070 x 1,470 – 38,540 x 1,520 – 40,060 x 1,710 – 41,770 x 1,910 – 43,680 x
2,000 – 45,680 x 2,100 – 47,780 x 2,170 – 49,950 pm.
An Officer at this level will report to the Senior Revenue Officer at the Sub County Level.
- Heading the Revenue Unit of the Kakamega County Revenue Agency at the Ward Level;
- Ensuring planning, directing, coordinating, supervising the Unit’s areas of control;
- Managing the training and development function of the Unit;
- Undertaking adhoc assignments relating to revenue services;
- Preparing activity based budgeting, procurement plan, management reports and final Revenue collections on timely basis;
- Ensuring safe custody of Kakamega County Revenue Agency assets and records;
- Banking revenue cheques credited to Kakamega County Revenue Agency;
- Supervising revenue staff/ interns performance in line with set policies and procedures;
- Providing professional leadership and guidance to revenue collectors; and
- Performing any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to
For appointment to this grade, one must:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting or Finance option) from a recognized institution or any other relevant qualification adjudged to be its equivalent from an approved institution;
- Have passed part II of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its approved
- Have relevant working experience of at least three (3) years in a comparable position in Public or private sector;
- Certificate in Computer Applications;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Be able to work under pressure with minimal
Terms of Service: Three (3) years renewable Contract subject to agreed performance levels.
Interested applicants are expected to get clearance from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of good conduct);
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); and
- For those with higher education certificates (degrees) from outside Kenya, a letter of recognition of qualifications from the Commission of University
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
How to Apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, and any other supporting documents. The positions applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope.
Kakamega County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward
of origin. Applications should be submitted to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 458- 50100 KAKAMEGA
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception located at
Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor.
All applications should reach this office on or before 12th February, 2020.
County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer. Female Candidates and Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board does not charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment. Our official communication channels are email address email@example.com and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.
Must Read>>> How To Write A CV For A Career Change