Security Chief Manager, Security Jobs in Kenya, USIU Jobs
The holder of this position will be responsible for the effective management of USIU-Africa’s security services to ensure the University’s management of security is soundly developed, properly executed and systematically monitored in compliance with the requirements of the national regulations and as per the University policies.
- Develop, implement, review and maintain a viable security strategy for the organization to ensure an effective & efficient security process across all the USIU-Africa premises;
- Develop, implement and maintain the security program to ensure its effectiveness through regular evaluation;
- Formulate an overall security policy for Management Board approval;
- Develop and promulgate security standards and practices;
- Effective liaison, coordination and networking with governments, authorities, law enforcement agencies, relevant national and international agencies and security stakeholders;
- Ensure an effective risk analysis, threat assessment and response capability;
- Initiating special security measures during periods/instances of increased threat;
- Ensure that all critical areas of security concern are adequately covered in the security plan and are effectively managed, monitored and controlled;
- Comply with the security guidelines to ensure maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and USIU-Africa standards;
- Represent the University in operational, coordinative and consultative security meetings and forums;
- Continuously assess the Security Management Systems (SEMs) to ensure that all defined elements are functioning effectively;
- Ensure good working relationship with the Government, Security and Intelligence Agencies for up to date information;
- Develop and implement a security training program to continuously sensitize each USIU-Africa member on their role and responsibility for security at the university in order to achieve a security culture and ensure efficient handling of security matters;
- Prepare, monitor & control the security budget to ensure effective cost control;
- Undertake regular audits, research, surveys and investigations to continuously improve security management through regular review of policies, procedures and processes in relation to findings;
- Source and monitor the effectiveness of third-party security services;
- Responsible and accountable for all quality control matters of the security department;
- Provide specialized advice to the Director Administration in all Security functions, protection, Intelligence, information and investigation;
- Provide timely and updated reports on all cases and incidents including the requisite recommendations to the Management Board for information and decision making;
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all regulatory requirement, organization standards and local security procedures;
- Monitor trends on issues relating to drugs & psycho-substances and take corrective measures.
Professional and Educational Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences / Criminology / Law / Public administration from a recognized institution.
- 10 years of relevant experience in a security role, 5 of which should be in a senior security leadership role in a reputable international organization.
- Comprehensive understanding of National and International Security environment, security issues and trends.
- Competency and demonstrated experience in the use of IT security system.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic leadership and networking with major national and international organizations.
- Knowledge of Higher Education environment.
- Knowledge of Laws of Kenya including the constitution of Kenya 2010 and all relevant laws of Kenya.
- Membership of relevant professional body in the security sector e.g. Certified Fraud Examiner.
How to Apply
Quick Read>>>Key Lessons I Learned From My First Job