Senior Leather Development Officer Jobs, Other Professions, KLDC Jobs
Kenya Leather Development Council (KLDC) is a State Corporation established by the Government of Kenya under the Kenya Leather Development Council Order, 2011 (Legal Notice No. 114 of 9th September, 2011), under the State Corporations Act (Cap. 446), Laws of Kenya, to provide leadership and policy direction in regulation, production, processing and marketing in leather industry so as to promote equitable development and poverty reduction.
Pursuant to this objective, the Council is seeking to recruit qualified officers for the position of:
SENIOR LEATHER INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT OFFICER, JOB GRADE KLDC 5 (2 positions) Job Ref No.: KLDC/005/2020
Duties and Responsibilities will entail:-
- Promoting production of quality hides and skins.
- Carrying out sensitization on standards on leather products.
- Carrying out training needs assessment in leather value chain.
- Identifying and recruiting MSMEs to be trained in production of leather and leather products.
- Analyzing Leather sector data.
- Carrying out inspection, verification of imports and exports
- Updating the Leather databank
- Promoting appropriate environmental management in the leather sector in collaboration with
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have:-
- A minimum period of three (3) years relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Leather Technology, Leather Science/Manufacture or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Proficiency in computer packages
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
- Demonstrate competence in work performance.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates are advised to download and complete the Candidates’ Profile and Application Form (from the ‘Vacancies’ section at www.leathercouncil.go.ke) indicating the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching certified copies of academic certificates and professional qualifications and National ID. Hand-delivered application can also be dropped at the Council’s Reception Desk located at CPA Centre, 5th Floor, Thika Road, next to KCA University.
Applications should be received not later than 5.00 pm, on 10th February, 2020. Kenya Leather Development Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women, Youth, Persons with disabilities and those from marginalized communities and minority groups are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Detailed job description and specifications for the advertised positions and the job application form may be found on our website www.leathercouncil.go.ke