Statistician Jobs, Other Professions In Kenya, Kilifi County Jobs
Position: Statistician I J/G L (3 Positions)
Terms of Service: – Permanent
Salary Scale: 41,770 – 57,900 p.m.
Other Allowances are as issued by SRC from time to time.
The holder of this position will lead the design and implementation of surveys and regular data collection meant to provide data necessary for statistics to inform planning and budgeting as well as review of the service delivery strategy.
- Undertake research design, sampling design, data collection, processing and analysis and report writing;
- Assessment of statistical infrastructure including the quality and use of appropriate sampling frames and sample methodology, geographical information systems, use of information and communication technology.
- Assessment of quality and availability of key indicators in the main statistical domains.
- Consolidation of sector/topic assessments into a full, up to date assessment report/ compendium
- Take lead in the production of the county statistical abstracts.
- Experience in research tool design, data collection and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in conducting and coordinating surveys (households, business/establishments), data analysis and training professional statisticians.
- Be Kenyan Citizen
- Served in the grade of Statistician II or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or private sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- A Minimum of an Upper Second Class Honors Degree in Statistics.
- Experience in statistical software (STATA, SAS, E-views, and R&MATLAB).
- Advanced skills in the usage of MS – Excel.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria MUST use the Application for Employment Form (KCPSB 001) and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates and testimonials.
The form can either be;
- Obtained from the Kilifi County Public Service Board Offices OR
- Downloaded from the Kilifi County website
Applicants can choose to;
- Deliver the form to the Office of the Secretary; County Public Service Board at the Kilifi Complex Centre, Tuskys Building 2nd Floor
- Address it to;-
THE SECRETARY, COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
KILIFI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
P.O BOX 491-80108
All applications in hard copy stating the post applied for should be received not later than 5.00pm on 13th day of February, 2020.
Kilifi County is an equal opportunity employer hence encourages women and physically challenged persons to apply.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.