Support Core Engineer Jobs, Engineering Job In Kenya, Viscar Industrial Jobs
Position: Support Core Engineer
Location: Greater Western and Rift Region
Reporting to the Manager – Regional Support, Core Network Support, the successful
candidate will be responsible for providing 1st line support for the core network elements and
systems hosted in the data center and general data center management. This role involves 1st line
fault management on core network systems, routers and switches as well as other systems hosted
in the data center.
• Analyzing the NE logs, carrying out Database Audits, Troubleshooting and solving of
arising core network elements faults
• Solving of core network faults assigned through NOC, as well as incidents escalated from
customer facing teams
• Providing workable and permanent technical solutions to reduce the downtime and repeat
core network failures.
• Schedule and manage Preventive Maintenance tasks as per laid down standards.
• Track and monitor Network and Service KPIs to ensure delivery as per SLAs.
• Installation, Integration and acceptance of data center network elements
• Making configuration changes on Network elements S/W upgrades.
• Provisioning of new core network Services
• Keeping a log of all changes carried out on site
• Ensuring maintenance and support documentation are collected and properly store at the
commissioning of a system.
• Carry out Audits and keep records on assets hosted in the data center
• Ensure data center visitors are well informed on safety issues prior to access of facilities
• Ensure all data center users adhere to company H&S policy
• Overall accountability for the MSRs, Data Centres and MGWs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, computer science, BSc Electronics, Telecoms, MIS, or
related technical field.
Skills and Knowledge
• Training and expertise in Operations and Maintenance
• Basic diagnosis and troubleshooting on Power systems
• Basic diagnosis and troubleshooting on different hardware platforms: ATCA, ATAE,
• Advanced knowledge in maintenance and operation of ATCA platforms: Nokia Open
MGW, Nokia Open MSS, Huawei ATCA MSS, Huawei ATCA MGW, Huawei
• Advanced knowledge in maintenance and operation of Service Provider Networking
Devices such Cisco 7609X, Huawei NetEngine Carrier Grade Router among others.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications mentioned above are encouraged to apply by sending an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the Job Position in the SUBJECT line not later than 7th February 2020