Sustainable Livelihoods Manager Jobs, NGO Jobs In Kenya, SHOFCO Jobs
SHOFCO is a grassroots organization that unlocks the potential of urban slum dwellers to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives. SHOFCO disrupts survival mode by providing critical services including health care, clean water, education, and economic empowerment; and links these efforts to a community-led advocacy platform. SHOFCO is a rapidly-growing organization that currently impacts over 300,000 people across 9 urban slums in Kenya. Over the next 5-10 years, SHOFCO aims to become a national platform for urban slum transformation across Kenya, demonstrating a scalable and replicable model that can be used around the world. For more information, please visit www.shofco.org.
Manager, Sustainable Livelihoods
SHOFCO is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, results driven and highly motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills to fill the position of Manager, Sustainable Livelihoods. Reporting to the Chief Programs Officer (CPO), the Manager, Sustainable Livelihoods will be responsible for overseeing the SHOFCO sustainable livelihoods program aimed at empowering the community in leading sustainable lives, improving their living standards and independently generating income. The manager will provide overall program management and ensure that project objectives are on track, while providing technical direction to staff and partners.
- Provide strategic direction and overall supervision and successful implementation of the sustainable livelihoods programs.
- Keep track of program activity plans and implementation schedules to ensure quality of activities and timely achievement of outputs.
- Provide program reports that are timely and meet SHOFCO and donor reporting requirements.
- Represent SHOFCO at stakeholder or coordination meetings, as needed, and maintain a positive, continuous and visible presence for SHOFCO.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with local partners and local authorities.
- Facilitate donor visits to project sites as appropriate.
- Work constructively with support teams to ensure sound administrative practices with regards to record keeping, compliance with donor regulations, communications, etc.
- Assess livelihoods needs of populations living in the informal settlements where SHOFCO operates.
- Support the M& E department in developing proper data collection methods for program activities and conduct regular reviews and analysis of targets.
- Provide technical input, writing and budgetary input for new program design including writing of funding proposals.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a Post Graduate diploma in a relevant field
- At least 8 years of experience with three years as program manager
- Experience in program management and working within a diverse community
How to Apply
Please submit an application by email ONLY to email@example.com with the job title as subject line on or before February 7th 2020.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply