Ward Revenue Officer Jobs, Finance Jobs In Kenya, Mandera County Jobs
Mandera County Public Service Board invites applications from suitable and qualified Kenya Citizens to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 and County Government Act No 17 of 2012.
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE AND REVENUE SERVICES
WARD REVENUE OFFICERS, JG ‘’H’ TWENTY (30) POSTS: VACANCY NO.MCG/MCPSB/DFR/24/12/19/25
Terms of service –permanent and pensionable
- Responsible for coordinating collection of revenue in respective ward and prepares report, then account for all revenue collected in the area of jurisdiction;
- Supervise the revenue collection within the area of jurisdiction to ensure revenue is collected from all the revenue sources in the ward;
- Submit weekly revenue returns & preparation of monthly returns for the ward and do posting & analysis in cash book at the ward;
- Custodian of accountable documents at the ward and Identify and mainstream new revenue sources;
- Deliver all the revenue collected on a daily basis to the sub county revenue officer/ senior revenue Assistant;
- Do inspection of business premises and issue of various and single business permits;
- Bank the revenue collected and maintain revenue collection entries in the primary books and institute daily reconciliations;
- Provide advisory role to the revenue management section on un-tapped revenue sources;
- Identify challenge impending collection of revenue to escalate to senior management for the solution;
- Perform any other duties that maybe assigned from time to time
- Be a holder of Diploma in Business Management (Accounting or Finance) or its equivalent; OR
- Certified Public Accountant II; OR
- Kenyan Accounting Technical Certificate(KATC/ATC PART III) or its equivalent;
- Have experience in revenue collection in the public or private sector for a minimum period of two (2 ) years
- Be a good team player with exemplary leadership qualities, interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills;
- Certificate in computer application skills;
- Good planning, organizational, communication and analytical skills;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership
How to Apply
Interested applicant should fill in application form and attach copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity Card.The Form can be downloaded from Mandera County Website www.mandera.go.ke or obtained from Mandera County Public Service Board office, All Sub County Administrators Office in Mandera County.
Detailed of job descriptions, duties and requirements for appointments for the above positions can be obtained from the County website www.mandera.go.ke
All Chapter Six Clearance documents must also be attached to the employment application form.
No Online applications will be accepted.
The Board will not accept any other form of application except Mandera County employments application form stated above.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Mandera County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, youth and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvasing and giving false information in employment application form will lead to automatic disqualification
Application should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side indicating position being applied for and vacancy number and;-
Mandera County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 356-70300, Mandera.
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Monday 13th, January 2020 by 4.00p.m. Or by hand delivered to the office of the County Public Service Board at Mandera Vocational Training Centre.