- Implement established procedures for requisition, receipt, storage and issuance of goods to prevent losses and pilferage.
- Monitor all inventory items and ensure that requisition requests are placed on time.
- Oversee all issuances to ensure accuracy, completeness, timeliness and that all relevant documentation is in place before dispatch
- Supervise and control order picking, goods in, goods out operations to ensure accuracy with minimum handling and stock damage
- Ensure proper stacking of products to facilitate picking, rotation, physical counts and to attain optimal space utilization
- Maintain the overall image of the warehouse by ensuring that the items are arranged in order, are properly labeled and housekeeping maintained
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the warehouse by ensuring that safety practices and policies are followed at all times
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Ensure security of Warehouse environment and maintain access control
- Ensuring 5S housekeeping standards are maintained at all times (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain)
- Responsible for ensuring the physical condition of the warehouse is maintained and reporting any maintenance/repair related issues
- Ensure quality control of goods in and/or goods out
- Liaise with the procurement team and suppliers to ensure that goods are delivered within agreed timelines.
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with the inventory management system.
- Liaise with line managers and the procurement team to develop and update demand projections and reorder levels.
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- A degree/diploma in Purchasing/ Supply Chain management or a related field.
- 2-year working experience with an ERP system.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and comfort with continually adapting plans
- Strong interpersonal, communication & presentation skills (verbal, written) and the ability to build effective internal and external client relationships. Should have the ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and judgment in working with all levels of staff.
- Pleasant, energetic, confident, with a positive, can-do attitude, good work ethic, and professionalism.
- High level of organization.
- KRA PIN
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Academic Transcripts and Academic Certificates
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter clearly indicating your available start state (include notice period) and your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 28th January, 2020. Kindly indicate your salary expectations. Please note that the position is based in Kinanie, Machakos County