Writer & Editorial Assistant Jobs, Communication Jobs In Kenya, African Wildlife Foundation Jobs
Position: Writer & Editorial Assistant
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Salary Range: Based on experience
Department: Public Relations & Corporate Communications
Are you a careful and engaging writer adept at translating sometimes complicated concepts into
compelling feature articles and other content appropriate for global audiences? Can you put yourself in
readers’ shoes and inspire them to read further and take action? Are you exacting about factual accuracy?
Do you have a keen editorial eye? Most importantly, do you care about the future of wildlife? The African
Wildlife Foundation (AWF) is seeking an enthusiastic and qualified candidate to support our writing and
brand awareness efforts and further AWF’s position as Africa’s conservation leader.
You will play a key role in developing content for AWF publications, focusing on writing original stories,
copyediting others’ stories, and proofreading. Your goal will be to help ensure the breadth and impacts of
AWF’s work are communicated to important audiences, including members and major donors.
• Conceptualize, research and write feature articles, news briefs and other content for AWF
publications including wildlife tourism magazine installments and AWF annual report.
• Liaise with field and program staff members to keep abreast of important organizational news,
especially related to conservation impacts, successes, and challenges.
• Share developments, successes, challenges and other AWF news to AWF internal audiences via a
variety of channels and your own reports to team
• Review and edit articles, news stories and other content submitted by the organization’s
stakeholders with an eye for accuracy, audience appeal, and adherence to editorial and brand
• Help plan and maintain editorial calendar to ensure AWF marketing team coverage of programs and
• Help populate internal knowledge database related to AWF programs and impacts as well as
frequently cited facts about species, wildlife threats, etc.
• Reflect a strong brand voice and help ensure AWF upholds its reputation as the authority on African
• Work closely with Marketing Team colleagues on projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree with 3+ year(s) of experience
• Excellent writing, copyediting and proofreading skills
• Demonstrated commitment to accuracy and editorial quality
• Strong research skills and ability to translate complex ideas and issues into easily understood
• Ability to manage multiple projects while adhering to deadlines
• Willingness to pitch in on a variety of tasks as part of a dedicated team
• Keen interest or experience in Africa’s wildlife/land/people
How to Apply
Interested candidate should follow the link below to submit their application.
Must Read>>> 8 things To Do To Land A New Job In 2020