Analyst Jobs, NGO Jobs In Kenya, One Acre Fund Jobs
Position: Analyst, Office of the CEO
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
We are looking for someone to reflect the voice of and to execute on behalf of the Executive Director. As One Acre Fund grows, our Executive Director is focused on an increasingly diverse set of priorities, from communicating with external partners to marshaling resources for new internal projects. You would work very closely with him on those priorities to help move forward One Acre Fund’s overall strategy.
- Executive-level, strategic communications: We believe well-crafted communication of our strategy is essential to One Acre Fund’s success. You will reflect the voice of our Executive Director in communications with the most important influencers in the sector and internal audiences. Examples include:
- Work with our Executive Director to write the concept note for a new strategic initiative to share with important donors.
- Draft an annual strategy letter to set vision and guidance for internal staff.
- One-off, fast analyses and tasks: These are analyses and tasks of one week or shorter duration, typically exploring a new strategic direction. For example:
- Write a memo summarizing the market opportunities for sorghum and millet in East Africa.
- Recommend a methodology to use Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) to make fair impact comparisons across countries of differing wealth.
- One Acre Fund-wide initiatives: As we become more complex, there are an increasing number of projects that do not fall cleanly into an existing department. You will move forward essential projects across multiple departments. For example:
- Build an organization-wide initiative to increase the number of job candidates referred by our staff – to satisfy the hiring needs of a fast-growing organization.
Currently, we are planning for the Office of the CEO to include 1-2 analysts, 1-2 managers, and a director. We are excited about the possibility for this expansion to support professional development opportunities, team support, and an ability to specialize.
We are looking for professionals with 2 or more years of work experience. This is a career-track role, with a two-year minimum. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Exceptional written communicator. You can engage a range of audiences, including internal staff, external partners, and organizational leadership.
- Research ability. You have experience conducting powerful secondary research.
- Strong work experiences, such as consulting (or similar skill set).
- Professional/technical skills, including high proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Leadership experiences.
- Humility. We are looking for leaders who bring good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- Language: English required.
How to apply
MUST READ >>> Interview Tips