Applications Development Jobs, IT Jobs In Kenya, Kenya Airways Jobs
Position: Applications Development Manager
To lead a team of Application developers in providing, ERP, Web, Mobile and ad-hoc (internal) applications development expertise required to improve business process automation, systems integration, enterprise Data Analytics, internal collaboration, e & m commerce. Work with various teams, external suppliers and internal customers to innovate, develop solutions and continuously optimize and improve performance of the developed solutions.
- Define and execute systems development and integration strategy.
- Develop quarterly and annual planning of the section objectives, application development projects as well as outlining the work required of various peers.
- Ensure that the application development team meet set objectives and delivers all application developments projects within scope, budget, timelines and set quality standards.
- Ensure development and motivation of the team members and re-evaluate their skills and progress to ensure delivery of KRAs and business objectives.
- Lead the effort and process of application development lifecycle to ensure internally developed systems are of high quality and delivered with short time to market.
- Ensure business continuity through team knowledge transfer, backup and handover procedures
- Ensure the team comply to KQ Project management methodology, uphold the set standards and procedures
- Manage individual workloads and work distribution to application development team so as to ensure delivery against project milestones, scope and time.
- Manage the inter-departmental stakeholder relationship, drawing on resources throughout the company to deliver application development projects
- Ensure systems integration for all Kenya Airways systems (over 70) so as to connect them and allow them to “talk” (data flow) to each other.
- Ensure development and continuous enhancement of APIs and web-services required for applications integrations
- Ensure configuration and management of rules engine in the Enterprise Service Bus.
- Ensure development of ERP in regard to new modules and enhancements for business process improvements
- Ensure development of ERP customizations, workflows, reports and alerts on demand and in accordance with changing business needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering) with at least Minimum 5 years’ experience in IT Projects Management.
- Minimum 3 years management experience, leading a team of business analysts, developers and/or IT Projects Managers.
- Projects Management Professional (PMP or PRINCE2).
- Deep knowledge of ERP and integration solutions.
- Deep knowledge of application development lifecycle.
- Very strong analytical, presentation & problem-solving skills with the ability to work confidently on high priority problems.
- Superior team leadership, team working and co-operation skills with proven capability to manage stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands.
- Outstanding communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to clearly communicate with senior management.
- Ability to co-ordinate colleagues, project teams and contracted parties through expert leadership, motivation, teamwork, and supervision.
- Knowledge of current trends and innovations in technology infrastructure and computer software applications.
How to Apply
MUST READ>>> Updated CV Format That Will Get Your CV Noticed