Claims Officer Jobs, Insurance Jobs In Kenya, Underwriting Africa Jobs
Position: Assistant Underwriting and Claims Officer
Department: General Insurance Business (GIB)
Supervisor: Principal Officer
Reporting to the Principal Officer and Customer Service Manager is responsible for handling administrative duties of new policies, quotations, policy renewals and claims processing for the General Insurance Business Department.
- Receive and review policy documents and pertinent requirements to ensure the accuracy and completeness.
- Follow up with the clients where there is an omission.
- Ensure correct processing for each application, change and updates from the clients.
- Ensure that proper records are maintained.
Clients Relations (25%)
- Deliver an excellent client experience at all times, ensuring client needs are met or exceeded
- Proactive and responsive to clients and prospective clients.
- Deliver an outstanding renewal process and service support to clients.
- Proactively develop and improve processes to service clients.
- Offer assistance and explanation when difficulties arise ensure complaints are followed up and that satisfactory solutions are obtained for both the customer and UA.
- Recommends potential enhancements or improvements to processes, products, and/or policies.
- Establishes and maintains relationships and interfaces with Clients, carriers, and other vendors
Renewal of Policy (25%)
- Develops and presents coverage plan and renewal terms to Client.
- Engages in Client strategy meetings to manage insured expectations for upcoming term.
- Interprets and evaluates policy terms to ensure adequate coverage for Client’s identified exposures
- Review policies for renewal considerations and develop information for new and renewal policies.
- Prepare and disburse renewal notices to the clients.
- Liaise with Finance on premium payments, invoicing and receipting.
- Create policy documents and communicate with clients on receipts of policy documents and other policy related documentation.
- Ensure timely declarations to the insurer for motor certificates
- Ensure timely collection of premiums from clients
Claims Records (25%)
- Recording all claims transactions to ensure they are accurately recorded.
- Promptly validate all claims, ensure timely communication to relevant stakeholders with requisite supporting documents and ensure providers promptly settle the claims.
- Principal Officer
- Customer Service Manager
- Finance & Administration Officer
- GIB teams
- Account Manager
- Sales Manager
- Potential and existing clients
- Degree in Insurance or a Business-related field from a recognized university.
- Diploma in Insurance (AIIK or ACII) is highly desired.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in the insurance industry.
- Sound knowledge of the insurance products, services and procedures.
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge and experience within brokerage industry
- Exceptional oral and communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively write correspondence and speak clearly to third parties and colleagues.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to attend company, department, and team meetings as required, including industry training sessions
- Excellent decision-making skills, strong leadership and team building skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work with tight delivery schedules.
How to Apply
If you fit the above credentials share your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MUST READ >>> How To Write A CV