NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Data Management Assistant Jobs, NGO Jobs in Kenya, NRC Jobs
Application deadline: 19/02/2020
Employer: Norwegian Refugee Council
Title: Data Management Assistant – Nairobi (Kenya Nationals Only)
Employment type: Contract
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Ensure compliance with M&E strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
- M&E specific technical responsibility for implementation of Data management activities in relation to NRC projects
- Assist in Provision specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Assist in development and administration of M&E and program data management system
- Assist to develop and support the implementation of appropriate SOPs for information management in line with NRC procedures including confidentiality and data protection.
- Assist in development of appropriate M&E databases to store, analysis and present relevant information.
- Support in training for NRC and partner organisation on relevant aspects of data management.
- Support ME and CCs staff at area level to create and maintain databases and spreadsheets that meet NRC’s M&E and donors’ requirements.
- Responsible for data entry and coherence of output and outcome data in NRC internal Output and outcomes reporting system .
- Preferable University degree in statistics, economics, IT or related fields.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Proficiency in English is essential
- Minimum 3 years of previous job experience relevant to the function or in data management, statistics, analysis and information technology.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and experience of working with MS Access is required. Previous experience of working with SPSS, STATA, Epi Info and R is desirable.
- Candidates with skills and skills in salesforce administration will have an added advantage. Strong data interpretation skills, report writing, and data presentation
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Positive and professional attitude
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
We can offer
- Duty station: Nairobi
- Contract period is for one year with possibility of extension.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s Code of Conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Nairobi.
How To Apply
*Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position
Quick Read >>> How To Write A CV For A Job (Sample Included)