Finance Head Jobs, Finance Jobs In Kenya, Alternate Doors Jobs
Position; Head of finanace
Our Client a well renowned horticultural exporter is currently looking to hire a Head of Finance.
- Coordinate, oversee and lead the annual budgeting and planning process including forecasting.
- Take overall responsibility for the management (and ensure effective and efficient operations) of the company’s finance and accounting function and for the day to day administrative activities, including day to day HR administration.
- Coordinate and lead the audit process; liaise with external auditors and the Board; in this regard, ensuring best practice transparency and accountability in all internal and external financial reporting.
- Ensure appropriate compliance with all relevant legal and statutory requirements
- Developing financial plans and strategies by new projects and future growth plans.
- Effectively manage, lead and develop the finance, accounting and administration team and ensure a positive, open, professional, ethical and a high performance orientated culture and operations.
- Lead the process to prepare and presents detailed monthly and quarterly management reports, and board reports – ensuring timeliness, accuracy and transparency.
- On a regularly basis take charge to review key reports with the Senior Managemnt, and as appropriate and requested, presented budgets, performance reports and plans to the Board.
- Maintain a professional, ethical, strong and positive working relationship with the Company’s insurance providers, professional advisors, bankers, other lenders, investors and funders.
- Determine (for Board review, consideration and approval) and manage loan/credit (and overall financing) facility requirements and administering arrangements.
- Develop, monitor, implement, and improve, appropriate and relevant (to ensuring transparency, accountability, appropriate controls and authorities, efficiency, and risk mitigation) finance and administration policies, processes, controls and systems.
- Develop, monitor, implement, and improve, appropriate and relevant corporate risk management policies, and processes.
- Develop, monitor, and implement an appropriate performance management system.
- Strong leadership skills, with an entrepreneurial flair and a positive track record in team management
- Ability and mind set to positively mentor and coach junior staff
- A proven track record in managing a small but growing/evolving financial & administration function, and in HR administration
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment: handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with great accuracy, organization, attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to timely completion with minimal directions.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain solid relationships with staff members, stakeholders, founders, funders and Board Members.
- Working knowledge of current accounting and reporting software (particularly SAGE) and systems
- Working understanding of auditing and risk management process and methods, international financial reporting standards, and legal and statutory compliance and reporting requirements
- Understanding of international currency trends and associated risks
- Understanding of local credit markets and loan providers and some networks with local banks
- Exposure in working with professional Board of Directors and corporate governance practices, and interactions with external investors/shareholders would be an added advantage
- A minimum of 10 years working experience with at least 5 years at manager level (managing a team of professionals), ideally managing a finance function in mid-sized growing organization.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (in management, commerce, finance or accounting) from a reputable accredited university. Having a Master’s Degree would be a distinct advantage.
- Must have a professional accounting qualification – CPA, ACCA or CA.
- A professional, positive, can do attitude, and a willingness to learn and adapt
- Self starter, self motivated, work with minimum supervision, hands on style, meet deadlines and ‘deliver on time’.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
How to Apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com
MUST READ >>> How To Write A Professional CV