Finance Manager Jobs, Finance Jobs in Kenya, Viscar Capacity Jobs
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Finance Manager leads all day-to-day accounting operations, with functional responsibility for accounting, accounts payables, accounts receivables as well as daily revenue tracking and payroll.
- Responsibilities also include production of financial reports; proper maintenance of accounting records;
- accurate processing of financial transactions;
- and administration of a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk,
- enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and
- ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP),
- adhere to Government Statutory requirements and result in flawless audits.
- The Finance Manager supervises the Accounting and HR Associate in the areas of benefits administration, new-hire onboarding, and other related functions.
- Provide leadership to finance and accounting areas of the organization.
- Provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy, and provide guidance and analysis to executive and operational management to improve results.
- Maintain systems of accounts and keep books and records on all transactions and assets.
- Prepare and analyse accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow.
- Maintain control of the following areas: general ledger, accounts payable, expense reports, billing, and payroll.
- Administer Kenyan-based payroll partnering their HR associate to deliver flawless payments.
- Supervise the Accounting and HR Associate and assign jobs relevant to accounts payable, accounts receivable, new-hire onboarding and benefits administration.
- Oversee maintenance of personnel files.
- Assist in the revenue tracking, reconciliation of the same and generate relevant reports including variances if any.
- Prepare a variety of ad hoc financial scenarios as requested.
• Ensure that all financial transactions are processed accurately, in a timely manner, and in
accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Develop, implement, and maintain processes and controls that are current best practices
related to transaction processing.
• Manage, oversee, process (as appropriate), and act as backup for processing all of the
following transactions: payroll, accounts payable, revenue and expense, fixed assets, cash,
bank reconciliations, and allocations.
• Perform month-end closing procedures, including overhead allocations, account
reconciliations, and updating schedules.
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
• Assist in issuing timely, accurate, and complete financial statements for all levels,
including Board of Directors, executive, and management.
• Assist in coordinating the preparation of the draft audited financial statements and all tax
• Coordinate the preparation of financial information in the corporate annual report. •
Recommend and report upon benchmarks against which to measure organizational
• Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
• Assist in production of cash flow reports, annual budget, and forecasts.
• Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
• Provide for a system of management cost reports.
• Provide financial analyses and models as needed, in particular for capital investments,
pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
• Ensure timely and accurate submission of all Government Statutory returns
• Prepare and assist with developing audit schedules for the annual audit.
• Suggest improvements in processes to increase organizational effectiveness.
• Ensure timely and accurate annual tax return.
• Ensure timely payments of other Financial obligations
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- • Proactive, hands-on manager who will own, in partnership with the Finance team,
responsibility for the Finance Department.
• Strategic thinker who possesses solid business acumen and is able to organize and manage
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively
with others, both internally and externally.
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet
critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
• Proven ability to make complex and time-sensitive decisions in the best interests of the
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. CPA (K) or equivalent is mandatory.
• Minimum of 5 years of finance and accounting experience, including finance, accounting, audit, and analysis (including gathering, evaluating, presenting, and reporting financial information to management and external stakeholders).
• Solid experience in coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments.
• Proficiency with accounting software is mandatory and excellent Excel skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications mentioned above are encouraged to apply by sending an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the Job Positionin the SUBJECT line not later than 17th February 2020
Quick Read>>>How To Write The skills Section of Your CV