Head Chef Jobs, Hotel Jobs In Kenya, Alternate Doors Jobs
Our Client a business class hotel is currently looking to hire a Head Chef.
Role and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility to oversee all of the kitchen operations.
- Ensure the smooth running of operations and take corrective action to ensure compliance with recipes and food presentation standards as well as guest satisfaction.
- Controlling food costs and overhead costs
- Approximating kitchen costs and adhering to a budget for all purchases.
- Providing feedback, advice and reports to the General Manager regarding changes within the restaurant, challenges, and trends as well as sharing with the kitchen team new communication.
- Organizing duty and work schedules and optimization of the kitchen team.
- Monitor adherence to general and deep cleaning schedules.
- Routinely check that all the kitchen equipment and machines are in good working condition.
- Responsible for hiring, managing, training and performance management of kitchen staff.
- Disciplining staff in breach of hotel operating procedures and policies
- Actively checking and approving the quality of dishes prior to serving it to customers.
- Confirming that all the food being sold is up to standard and fresh through monitoring order patterns and the daily stock levels.
- Training the kitchen team about the interpretation of recipes, food production and presentation, correct portions and quality standards expected.
- Control and monitor stock levels and checking that FIFO policy is followed.
- Confirm that all the menu items listed are available for sale.
- Identify ingredients and other kitchen or store shortages and plan orders.
Health, Hygiene and Safety
- Ensure the highest level of hygiene is maintained in the kitchen in relation to food, the kitchen itself and personal hygiene.
- Observe adherence to food safety guidelines and checks
- Adopt and comply with health and safety procedures in the kitchen.
- Continuous interest in improving on existing menu items and creating new dishes with a focus on quality and variety.
- Develop specials, promotions, buffet themes, cocktail menus, banquet menus and create standard recipe cards to ensure consistent quality
- Keep abreast of market trends and products offered by competitors
- Promote a culture of cooperation and mutual respect between co-workers.
- Encourage a team-oriented working environment with open communication.
- At least 5 years of experience in kitchen management.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Sous chef preferably in a top class hotel or restaurant Proven track record.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills. Computer literate
- Be familiar with developing menus and have outstanding cooking skills, demonstrate passion for food
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Organized and keen on details and quality.
- Supervisory skills and ability to delegate and follow up on tasks.
- Team-oriented with the ability to train others.
- Health and safety training certifications.
- Diploma/Certificate in Food production or equivalent qualification
- Flexible and able to adapt to changes.
- Familiarity with cost management procedures.
- Interest in continuous improvement and able to take initiative.
- In touch with the latest trends in cooking and best processes in the kitchen.
How to Apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
MUST READ>>> Why Your “Do-It-Yourself” CV Is Holding You Back