Information Security Officer Jobs, IT Jobs In Kenya, I&M Bank Jobs
Position: Information Security Officer
The Bank is looking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual for the following position:
REF ISO/01/2020: INFORMATION SECURITY OFFICER
The Information Security Officer, is responsible for a broad range of tasks, majorly the day-to-day cyber security event monitoring, correlation and investigation on detected events.
- Monitor security events received from the Bank’s SIEM on applicable perimeter devices, systems, databases and servers for potential attacks, suspicious or anomalous activities.
- Analyze and correlate network traffic and system/application logs to prioritize and differentiate between potential incidents and false alarms.
- Create and track investigations/analysis of events to resolution.
- Escalate and report on incidents, potential gaps or risks as observed during monitoring activities.
- Provide input from previous events, attacks or anomalous activities to support forensic or other investigations as carried out by the Information Security Office.
- Consistently provide recommendations on tuning of SIEM rules to ensure increased efficiency and reliability on its output.
- Assist in identifying new solutions to improve the ISO monitoring role in threat identification, detections and response capabilities.
- Provide recommendations that will assist in revision of the Bank’s policies and procedures on monitoring.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Foundational knowledge in information technology, to include hardware, networking, architecture, protocols, file systems and operating systems.
- Foundational knowledge of multiple areas of cyber security operations, such as attack surface management, SOC operations, Intrusion Detection/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), threats (including APT, insider, etc.), vulnerabilities, and exploits; incident response, ticket tracking, investigations and remediation.
- Knowledge of data correlation techniques.
- Understanding of common network services (web, mail, FTP, etc.), network vulnerabilities, and network attack patterns
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience.
- Unix, Linux, Windows, operating systems
- Well-known networking protocols and services (FTP, HTTP, SSH, SMB, LDAP, etc.)
- Exploits, vulnerabilities, networks and network attacks
- Packet analysis and Regular expressions
- Database structures and queries
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate: write clearly and speak authoritatively to both business and tech audiences
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Strong planning and organization skills;
- Keeping abreast with latest technology and ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly
- Ability to operate within 24HR shifts as and when required.
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the above requirements log onto our website www.imbank.com and click on careers and apply for the position or forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 8th February 2020. Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application.