Legal Assistant Jobs, Legal Jobs In Kenya, Insurance Regulatory Authority Jobs
The Insurance Regulatory Authority is a State Corporation established under the Insurance Act, Cap 487 of the Laws
of Kenya with the mandate to regulate, supervise and promote development of the insurance industry in Kenya. The
Authority is seeking applications for the following vacant positions:
JOB TITLE Legal Assistant
DIVISION Legal Affairs
GRADE/LEVEL IRA 8
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Senior Legal Officer
Responsible for providing office administration support services in the Legal Affairs Division.
Administrative Support • Prepare notes, draft correspondences, type letters and reports including document binding in accordance with agreed instructions
• Drafting preliminary legal documents and liaising with the external lawyers
• Attend to cases in the court registry
• Reserve, sort, record, and distribute office mail, correspondence and documents to appropriate officials
• Schedule appointments and requests for meetings, synchronize and update appointments
• Locate and attach appropriate files to correspondence or queries as well as organise filing and retrieval systems
• Oversee proper maintenance, storage, retrieval of files and documents in order to ensure that they are accessible and secure.
• Organise meetings and conferences and accurately record the proceedings of various deliberations
• Monitor and track the progress of various assignments and regularly updating the appropriate Head of Department and other members of staff on specific deadlines and problems
• Format board papers before they are uploaded on the e-board software
• Offer logistical support for Board
Customer Relations • Respond to office telephone enquiries, giving information to callers and routing calls to appropriate officials and also placing outgoing calls
• Receive official visitors and walk in customers by ascertaining the nature of business and directing them accordingly
• Maintain effective communication channels with other departments, external organizations and individuals
Education and knowledge
• Bachelors degree in a business related field;
• Diploma in Law (Paralegal studies)
• Proficiency in ICT
• At least 2 years’ providing administrative support in a busy environment;
• Administration and customer service experience; and
• Experience in events planning and management
• Strong communication and public relations skills;
• Strong organization and inter personal skills; and
• Planning and coordinating skills.
• Ethical and integrity;
• Team player; and
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi task
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to present the following statutory documents during the interviews:
Certificate of good conduct from the Director of Criminal Investigations, Clearance Certificate from the Higher
Education Loans Board, Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority, Clearance from the Ethics
and Anti-Corruption Commission, and report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Terms of Offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with
the right candidate.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the
job requirements given, please submit your application (clearly indicating on the envelope the reference number
and position you are applying for) with a detailed CV, stating your position, current remuneration, qualifications,
experience, names and addresses of three referees, email and telephone contacts together with copies of your
certificates and national identification card by close of business on 28th February 2020 to:
Commissioner of Insurance & Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority
P.O Box 43505-00100,
IRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Persons With Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.