Legal Officer Jobs, Legal Jobs In Kenya, Bomet County Jobs
The County Public Service Board (CPSB) is charged with the responsibility of developing and implementing human resource policies and framework for the County Government in line with the relevant laws.
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the Public Service Board of Bomet invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
LEGAL OFFICER I: CPSB 07 (JOB GROUP M) VACANCY NUMBER 11
The officer will be reporting to the County Public Service Board Secretary/CEO.
- Undertaking research on assigned legal issues
- Analyzing research data and compiling reports
- Preparing preliminary legal documents/instruments and liaising with the County Attorney
- Advising on various legal policy issues.
- Coordinating the Court activities of the Board including drawing of charge sheets, bonding of witnesses, application for warrants and application for witness summons.
- Developing County legislation including review of drafts bills, research on various pieces of legislation and departmental advisory on the legislative drafting.
- Attending court to represent the Board in both civil and criminal
- Undertaking conveyancing duties.
- Preparing legal opinions and reviewing County legislation.
- Ensuring compliance with principles and values of good governance, human rights, transparency, accountability, ethics and integrity and organizing stakeholders’
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
For appointment to this position, one must;
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Bachelor of Laws (L.L.B) degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Post graduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law;
- Must be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current practicing License
- Must have served in the grade of Legal Officer II or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of two (2) years or if from private legal practice must have served for at least three (3) years;
- Certificate in relevant Computer Applications;
- Meet the requirements prescribed in Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution on leadership and integrity;
- Demonstrate understanding of National values and principles of governance and Public Service as stipulated in Articles 10, 232 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
Interested applicants for ALL the above positions are expected to get clearance from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of good conduct);
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); and
- For those with higher education certificates (degrees) from outside Kenya, a letter of recognition of qualifications from the Commission for University
Shortlisted candidates MUST submit Copies of these clearances during the interview.
TERMS OF SERVICE: Permanent and Pensionable
How to Apply
Applications can only be submitted online on or before 19th March, 2020 through Bomet County Public Service Board recruitment portal, www.cpsbbomet.net Or from a link in Bomet County website, www.bomet.go.ke.
Bomet County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of origin.
County Government of Bomet is an equal opportunity employer. Female Candidates and Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. PLEASE NOTE: BOMET County Public Service Board does not charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment. Our official email communication is firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The Secretary/CEO CPSB Public Service Board P.o. Box 605-20400 BOMET.