Monitoring & Evaluation Jobs, Other Professions, Hivos EA Jobs
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Intern – Unpaid internship
Reporting to: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager KBP
ABBP Kenya has so far been implemented in 2 phases running from 2009 to date. Phase 1 was implemented between 2009 and October 2015 whereas phase 2 has been running since November 2015 to date.
In phase1, data collection was done by use of physical forms and later transferred to MS Excel for storage and further analysis. Part of phase 2 data was also collected by use of physical forms up to April 2017 when there was a full transition to Taroworks/Salesforce.
Due to use of physical forms and transfer from forms to Excel, the data was prone to human errors that need to be eliminated
Attain the highest quality of data on Salesforce
Main activities of the assignment
The exercise is meant to: Clean all phase 1 data considering the following elements:
- Update all plants with Year of Production-Year they appear on the Database
- Clear duplication through merging
- Update the source to read either KBP or 4S@Scale
- Clients’ names proper font.
- Ensure that the phone numbers are 10 digits except for institutions. Any other entity should be shared with BCEs to provide the correct numbers.
- Gender to include male/female/institutional
- ID-Fill the blanks with 99999
- Clean the list of biogas masons-proper font, remove numbers, clear any duplication
- Harmonize plant size
- Go through dates of commissioning to check for errors
- Standardize the models
- Clean the Family size i.e males/females in household’s column to and leave numbers only.
- Clean the cows/poultry/Pigs column to leave numbers only.
- Clean the BT/Supervisors/Mason names column to have names only, correct the font and check the consistency
- Clean the plant type column
- Include all statuses after verification and the verifiers.
- Harmonize and correct administrative units in the county, sub-county, ward, village format
For entries that are blank or have any of the administrative unit incorrectly placed, work backwards with the village being the starting point. A total of 21 entities do not have any location information, 1,211 records do not have village information, 4234 records have no village or division information and 24 records have no county information. For such entities, the clients will have to be called to confirm.
The exercise will take approximately Three months tackling a total of 13,900 biodigesters entities on Salesforce.
- Clean data that can be used to generate meaningful reports and dashboards belonging to phase 1.
- A report showing achievement against each deliverable
How to Apply
Interested candidates to send cover letter ad resume to: email@example.com. Applications to be sent by COB 5TH March 2020