Motor Vehicles Mechanics Teacher Jobs, Teaching Jobs in Kenya, NRC Jobs
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with the community education committees in the planning and enrollment of the activities
- Use of training materials according to procedures
- Report all protection related concerns
- Carry out data collection as required
- Prepare reports as required/ directed.
- Prepare and file relevant documents as required by line manager
- Carry out teaching and training activities according to the procedures.
- Maintain current students’ attendance records and make them readily available.
- Assess and evaluate students continuously as per the training program requirements.
- Provide feedback to parents on learning progress
- Documenting information on students as required.
- Make certain that course syllabus is covered and completed in time
- Prepare and maintain updated materials inventories for training resources as required.
- Ensure that safety precautions are observed during training activities
- Participate in mobilization and recruitment of learners
- Maintaining students discipline
- Participate in career guidance and counseling of students
- Carry out maintenance of training equipment along the line of the skills you are providing training.
- Mentor the assistant skills teachers on core competency areas in teaching.
- Provide Entrepreneurship and business skills training to learners
- Take part in designing, procurement and distribution of basic business booster capital.
- Provide market information, technical support that include linking the graduates of the program to employment opportunities.
- Conduct placement and follow-up on apprenticeship and attachment training activities for learners
- Search for jobs that meet the profiles of trainees and propose correct placements.
- Negotiate on behalf learners on the different terms of engagement with private business owners during placement for attachments and apprenticeship. The teacher will either accept or decline.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Hold a recognized Diploma/ Higher Diploma in Automotive Mechanics.
- Holds a recognized certificate in teaching methodology in Technical Education
- Two years’ previous experience in teaching youth in a school/college / Vocational training institution setting
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
- Ability to tolerate diverse cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place
- Experience in working with underprivileged youth. A good team player with high degree of initiative, flexibility and tolerance
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicate with impact and respect
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision Good interpersonal and Communication skills
Duty station: Dadaab
Contract period is up to 31st December 2020 with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s Code of Conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Dadaab.
How To Apply
*Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position*
Quick Read>>>How To Write The skills Section of Your CV