Position: Rwanda Strategy and Operations Analyst
Location: Rubengera, Rwanda
We are looking for a motivated person, who is dedicated to social impact, to join our Rwanda strategy team. You will work on short-term projects across multiple functions to solve complex operational, strategic and financial problems.
This is a full-time career-track role within One Acre Fund Rwanda’s Strategy team. With so many varied projects, no day is ever the same, and the role includes exposure to high-level strategy, working in different departments, and getting into the field.
You will take on full ownership of projects, from planning, through to execution and follow-up, often working directly with varied project partners, including occasionally the Country Director. You will manage anywhere from 2-5 projects at any given time, and are expected to tackle any type of project – from quantitative modelling to primary research – with a focus of analyzing and solving the problem at hand. You may be asked to take on direct management responsibilities within our growing team of analysts.
Your project portfolio will vary depending on program priorities. Examples of current/past team projects include:
- Undertake market research to understand and identify how we can reduce our high inputs delivery costs, through research, modelling of truck costs and industry margins.
- Build a ‘social return on investment’ model for field trials to ensure the trial maximises impact at the lowest cost, and could be scaled country-wide.
- Identify opportunities to enhance our solar strategy, through rigorous product selection, improved marketing, customer service and new channels.
- Work with our field operations team to create tools to measure performance, and ensure incentives for field staff are optimal to increase results.
- Longer-term, there will be opportunities to lead increasingly large projects or join/lead a department you are supporting.
We are looking for extraordinary professionals who will help take our organisation to the next levels of impact. This is a posting for a career–track role. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Work experiences: We are targeting strategy, management consulting, and finance professionals, or people with similar experience quickly getting up to speed on a project, working across departments, and solving problems. We also look for leadership experiences, at or outside of work, particularly in roles that demonstrate strong relationship management.
- Technical skills: Advanced Excel (can perform complex functions). Experience with other professional programs (e.g. R, STATA) is a plus.
- Humility: in everything One Acre Fund does, we put farmers first. We do this by approaching our work and individual professional growth with humility, efficiency, and compassion.
- A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years. Experience working in a developing market is a bonus, but is not required.
- Language: English; French/Kinyarwanda a bonus
How to apply
MUST READ >>> Interview Tips