Procurement Assistant Jobs, Procurement Jobs in Kenya, NGO Jobs in Kenya, UNDP Jobs
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Administrative and Coordination Support to Procurement Strategies in Accordance with UN Women Rules, Regulations, Policies and Strategies
- Research and draft responses to enquiries for clearance by the Regional Operations Manager;
- Provide inputs to the implementation of procurement management policies and strategies on cost saving and reduction;
- Implement procurement management policies and strategies;
- Contribute to the development of sourcing strategies;
- Support the rollout of the of e-procurement and e-travel functions.
Coordinate Procurement Processes for the Regional Office
- Provide inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for Programmes/ projects;
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and projects equipment, supplies and services, as necessary;
- Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQ), Invitation to Bids (ITBs) or Request for Proposals (RFPs) documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, as necessary;
- Perform Buyer role in Atlas, prepare/close Purchase Orders (POs) and contracts in and outside Atlas;
- Timely processing of vendor creation requests in ATLAS;
- Organize travel including purchase of tickets, Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) calculation for all travelers;
- Prepare submissions to the Procurement Review Committee (PRC), as necessary.
Coordinate Contract Management Processes for the Regional Office
- Provide administrative support to contract management processes; maintain databases;
- Coordinate submissions of F10 claims;
- Maintain rosters of suppliers;
- Maintain filing system.
Facilitate knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
- Participate in trainings for the operations/projects staff;
- Provide support to the synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices.
- Arrange shipments and conference facilities;
- Process requests for visas for all UN travelers;
- Support with administrative duties including office maintenance, pouch and registry services;
- Arrange hotel reservations for visiting UN/UN Women officials;
- Organize hotel and event arrangements for all official UN Women meetings/ functions, engagements, ensure that all requirements are catered for as required;
- Arrange transportation for high-level officials;
- Liaise with UNON on VAT applications;
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Knowledge of procurement processes, systems, administrative rules and regulations;
- Knowledge in the use of spreadsheets and database packages;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Good IT and web-based management skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Certification
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Procurement Certification from an internationally recognized educational institute; or a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or related field is an asset;
- Willingness to take UN Women internal procurement certifications is required.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, administration or related experience at the national or international level;
- Advanced knowledge of automated procurement systems, experience in handling of work-based management systems;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc);
- Knowledge of UN procurement rules and regulations is preferable;
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Management System (ERP) is an asset.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply
Quick Read>>>Common Interview Questions