Procurement Officer Jobs, Procurement Jobs In Kenya, Insurance Regulatory Authority Jobs
The Insurance Regulatory Authority is a State Corporation established under the Insurance Act, Cap 487 of the Laws
of Kenya with the mandate to regulate, supervise and promote development of the insurance industry in Kenya. The
Authority is seeking applications for the following vacant positions:
JOB TITLE Procurement Officer
GRADE/LEVEL IRA 6
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Manager, Procurement
Responsible for ensuring that procurement and supplies processes are carried out effectively and efficiently to achieve the Authority’s objectives.
Planning and Implementation • Plan, coordinate and execute timely and quality procurement operations.
• Ensure procurement of goods, services and works are done in strict compliance with the provisions of the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015 and its attendant Regulations.
• Develop, ensure implementation, review and monitor the department’s Standard Operating Procedures and ensure that they are in conformance with the Public Procurement & Asset Disposal Act, 2015 and its attendant Regulations, Authority’s Procurement & Disposal Procedures Manual and ISO processes.
Supply Chain Management • Prepare periodic reports for review and submission to the Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA).
• Prepare annual and revised procurement and disposal plans for the Authority in liaison with departmental heads.
• Maintain an up-to date database records of suppliers and the various lead times.
• Undertake supplier rating and appraisal and conduct regular market surveys.
• Manage the procurement records in accordance with the provisions of Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015. Designing and implementing an effective procurement records management, retention and disposal programs.
• Liaise with the Finance Department to ensure timely processing of payments to suppliers of goods, services and works.
Tenders Management • Prepare tender documents in liaison with the user departments to facilitate procurement of capital equipment, goods, services and works.
• Prepare LPO’s, LSO’s, Notification of awards and contract agreements for all tender awards of goods, works and service as well as regret letters to unsuccessful bidders.
• Responsible for tender box opening.
• Perform the duties of Secretary to Tender Opening Committee, Tender Evaluation Committee and other procurement committees
• Keep track of tenders, quotations in progress and generating status reports.
Stores Management • Manage the stores functions on receipt, issues, storage, safety and delivery by maintaining stock levels and stores records.
• Undertake regular stock taking and make reports accordingly.
• Observe and maintain the re-order levels and economic quantities as a way of forecasting stores requirements and advice the Manager, Procurement accordingly for action and ensure no stockouts
• Receive goods and supplies and verify information on delivery notes and supply requisitions in order to establish the accuracy of orders. In addition, issues goods and supplies against approved requisition orders
• Coordinate cost-effective disposal of assets in accordance with Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015
• Procure and supply office working tools, equipment, furniture and stationery and ensuring their regular service and maintenance as
per the service contracts
Any other tasks:
• Participate in various committees in the Authority
Education and knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Business, Social Sciences or related field
• Post Graduate Diploma from the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply or equivalent;
• Must be a registered member of KISM or CIPS or any other relevant professional body and
• Proficiency in ICT
• Five (5) years’ experience in a similar position;
• Specialist knowledge and diverse experience in procurement and supply chain management;
• Knowledge of Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015, Regulations; and
• Experience in managing and leading diverse teams of professionals.
• Negotiation and analytical skills;
• Strong communication and presentation skills;
• Strong organization and inter personal skills; and
• Good leadership, mentorship and coaching skills.
• Ethical and integrity;
• Strategic thinking; and
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi task
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to present the following statutory documents during the interviews:
Certificate of good conduct from the Director of Criminal Investigations, Clearance Certificate from the Higher
Education Loans Board, Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority, Clearance from the Ethics
and Anti-Corruption Commission, and report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Terms of Offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with
the right candidate.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the
job requirements given, please submit your application (clearly indicating on the envelope the reference number
and position you are applying for) with a detailed CV, stating your position, current remuneration, qualifications,
experience, names and addresses of three referees, email and telephone contacts together with copies of your
certificates and national identification card by close of business on 28th February 2020 to:
Commissioner of Insurance & Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority
P.O Box 43505-00100,
IRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Persons With Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.