Regulatory Director Jobs, Director Jobs in Kenya, Kenya Dairy Board Jobs
Position: Regulatory Services Director
Kenya Dairy Board is a State Corporation established in 1958, under the Dairy Industry Act Cap. 336 Laws of Kenya. The Board is charged with the responsibility to regulate, promote and develop the dairy industry and to ensure the adoption of measures and practices designed to promote greatest efficiency in the dairy industry.
The Board is seeking to offer opportunities to qualified professionals who are focused, organised and
result oriented in the following position:
- Implement the Board’s policies, strategies and procedures;
- Develop and enforce dairy policies, regulations and standards;
- Ensure consumer safety and protection through market surveillance on quality and safety of dairy produce;
- Develop and Implement measures for traceability of Dairy produce;
- Oversee Licensing of milk handling premises and facilities to enable enterprise development;
- Oversee the registration and licensing of dairy managers in dairy processing facilities;
- Provide dairy industry information, statistics and other relevant data for planning and decision making
- Carry out investigations and providing intelligence reports;
- Oversee the provision of laboratory services to the industry for quality and safety assessment of marketed dairy produce; and
- Provide advisory services to stakeholders.
- Have a minimum period ten (15) years relevant work experience and at least five (5) years in a management role in comparable position in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: – Dairy Technology, Food Science and Technology, Public Health, Veterinary Science, Animal Science or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have a Master’s Degree in any of the following fields: Dairy Technology, Food Science and Technology, Public Health, Veterinary Science, Animal Science, Project Management, Economics, Statistics or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Leadership course lasting not less four (4) weeks;
- Demonstrate merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
- Be proficient in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Strategy formulation and execution
- Excellent communication skills oral and written
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- High standards of integrity, with a clean track record
- Ability to influence
- Strong Business acumen
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Highly organized with ability to multitask.
- Assertive, proactive and diligent with commitment to high standards of service delivery
- Creative and innovative, with a forward thinking approach
- Ability to prioritize, organize own workload and manage projects to completion
- Ability to work well under pressure and within tight time constraints
- Knowledge of the country relevant legislation.
How to Apply
Application accompanied by a detailed CV containing academic qualifications, email addresses, day telephone contacts as well as copies of relevant certificates, testimonials, national identification card are invited from persons qualified for the above positions.
The applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of a least two referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and area of specialization. The applicant should request their referees to submit their references directly to the undersigned.
Application and referees confidential report on the applicant’s suitability for the job should only be submitted online via email on or before midnight of 18th February 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to:
The Managing Director,
Kenya Dairy Board,
NSSF Building, Block “A”, Eastern Wing 10th Floor
P.O Box 30406-00100,
Quick Read>>> Best Techniques For A Successful Job Interview