Senior Supply Chain Management Officer Jobs, Supply Chain Jobs In Kenya, NCPWD Jobs
The National Council for Persons with Disabilities (NCPWD) is a State Corporation established in November, 2004 by an Act of Parliament (Persons with Disabilities Act 2003) with the mandate to formulate and implement policies that are geared towards mainstreaming Persons with Disabilities to the National economy. To achieve this mandate, the Secretariat seeks to fill the following positions which are vacant.
SENIOR SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT OFFICER – JG 5
The Supply Chain Management Officers support the Council to achieve its strategic goals
through implementation of efficient and effective systems of acquisition of goods, works and services, as well as disposal of assets.
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail: –
- Implement the annual procurement and disposal plans;
- Provide secretariat to committees’ incidental to procurement of goods and services, and disposal of assets;
- Ensure procured goods, services and works are as per specifications;
- Draft contract documents for goods, works and services;
- Initiate request for payment for goods, works and services rendered and follow up to ensure settlement; and
- Carry out market surveys to ensure the Council obtains value for money.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Procurement and Supplies Management, or equivalent from a recognized university;
- Diploma in Supplies Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or equivalent from a recognized university is an added advantage;
- Four (4) years relevant work experience in public or private institution;
- Attended a Supervisory Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Member of professional body either KISM or CIPS in good standing;
- Demonstrated results in work performance and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key Competencies and skills
- Proficiency in IT;
- Planning skills;
- Communication and reporting skills;
- Mentoring, coaching and leadership skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Team player; and
- Ethical and integrity
Basic Salary: 53,656 x2,629- 56,285×2,629– 58,914×2,629 – 61,543×2,629- 64,172×2,629- 66,801×2,629- 69,430×2,631- 72,061
House Allowance: 35,000
Commuter Allowance: KES 8,000
Medical Allowance: Cover to be provided according to the Council’s Medical Scheme
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to fill in a NCPWD application form enclosing curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates and a copy of national identity card as well as Chapter 6 clearances to the address below by 9th March 2020. Additionally, they should provide names and contacts of two referees.
Applications should be sent to the following: –
The Executive Director,
National Council for Persons with Disabilities
Waiyaki Way – Opp. ABC Place and Next to Kabete Barracks P.O Box 66577 – 00800,
NCPWD is an equal opportunity employer thus Persons with disabilities, women and people from marginalized groups with requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.
MUST READ>>> Why Your “Do-It-Yourself” CV Is Holding You Back