Specialist ICT Jobs, IT Jobs In Kenya, Strathmore Jobs
Position: Specialist ICT Desk & Training
Department: ICT Services (ICTS)
Reporting To: Assistant Manager, ICT Client Support Services
Working in a team responsible for University-wide ICT Client Support Services, the jobholder will be a key pillar in driving ICT service delivery towards ensuring the efficient and effective running of all ICTS services in meeting user expectations and/or existing Service Level
Agreements (SLA). Further, it will be including driving and coordinating end-to-end processes pertaining to all training efforts within ICTS in meeting established training needs and gaps for all University constituents (i.e. student, staff etc.). It will also include close follow-up of ICT service desk
operations to ensure proper and fast assignment of incidents to respective technical teams within ICTS and to further design necessary escalations and well thought out reporting mechanisms on service delivery.
- User Relationship Management: Ensure that an ongoing level of engagement with the users is maintained proactively and on an ongoing basis towards building trust in the quality of ICT services as well as capturing evolving needs of users. Further is to establish, maintain, and increase client satisfaction through professional, courteous, and caring service.
- Issue Resolution: Drive incident and problem management by resolving Level I calls (MS Office, User permissions, Internet Access, Printing errors, etc.) over the phone or remotely by employing comprehensive problem analysis to resolve the issue while applying good customer service skills.
- Ticket (Incident or Request) Management: Ensure that all requests and incidents are captured accurately in the ticketing system and that tickets are allocated in a timely manner to the various technical teams across all ICTS sections (i.e. especially for level II and level III calls) for fast resolution and closure. Further is to closely monitor, and to conduct follow-ups & escalations on requests and incidents (i.e. open tickets) as may be necessary to ensure efficient and effective resolution.
- Training manual & Schedules Management: Develop and conduct user training programs as well as maintain and update system procedure manuals to improve on performance standards. Further is to engage different stakeholders and respective course facilitators (internal or external) in coming up with a concise training schedule and material.
- End-user ICT training & awareness: facilitate ICT-related induction processes for new employees and students, as well as ongoing and remedial training for existing staff and students based on identified competency gaps, culminating in a dynamic ICT training plan and schedule for the year/period. This should be well communicated to users to ensure optimal participation and impact.
- Innovation and Technology Management: Ensure that there is proper end-user computing hardware and software matching and tuning for best performance, and to keep accurate records of maintenance schedules both planned and already executed. Further is to research on evolving hardware and software technologies that provide opportunities for improved digital experience to University constituents and to propose adoption of the same to ICTS leadership team.
- ICT Service Delivery and Documentation: Apart from refining service desk operations to meet best practise so as to optimize related processes (i.e. incident management, problem management, change management, configuration management etc.), it will include formulation of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), write-ups and manuals for all services offered by ICTS are made available and are communicated to all users. Further is to maintain and update a knowledge base for ICT Services towards enhancing self-service as well as speed of issue resolution and to also monitor service delivery through periodic user satisfaction surveys.
- Talent Development and Supervision: Guide, mentor and coach supervisees in growing their technical, interpersonal and organizational skills. This further involves assigning supervisees, tasks and responsibilities and monitoring delivery of the same.
- Professional Development: Grow and maintain professional development by attending educational workshops/seminars/conferences, reviewing professional publications, establishing professional networks and participating in professional societies.
- Reporting: Support decision making by assisting in formulation of appropriate technical as well as managerial metrics and insights and using those to design concise and simple reports to apprise supervisor and senior IT management on matters pertaining to ICTS services on an agreed schedule/cycles or on ad hoc basis. These include but are not limited to: Weekly Activity Reports, Checklist Reports, and Ticket Resolution Reports among others.
- Other Duties: Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Business Information Technology or related field from a recognized institution with a minimum of Second Upper qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in ICT Client Support Services within a busy and highly automated ICT environment.
- IT Service Management (ITIL, ISO 20000, etc.)
- Vendor technical certifications (CCNA/HP, MCITP or MCTS, LINUX etc.)
- Thinks outside the box (creative);
- Attention to detail,
- Results – oriented;
- Works well under pressure,
- Team player;
- Problem solving focus;
- Technical zeal;
- Strong time management & organizational skills;
- Self-discipline and drive;
- High integrity and ethical standards;
- Good interpersonal & communication skills.
- Relationship management and customer care
- Skill in explaining technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Service desk management skills
- Skill in researching new computer workstation hardware and software.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Computing hardware, software and networking skills
- Demonstrate experience in team supervision and engaging organizational management
How to apply
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you.
Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Specialist, ICT Service Desk & Training” on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st February 2020.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.
MUST READ>>> Common Interview Questions