Supply Assistant Jobs, Accounting Jobs In Kenya, Vivo Energy Jobs
Position: Supply Assistant-KRA
Drawback, Refunds and rebates
- Supporting KRA exports documentation to ensure all is per expected duty claim process
- Collating all support documents for drawback, refunds and rebate
- Computation, compilation and approval of all drawback, refunds and rebate vouchers for lodging with KRA.
- Follow up of all claims documentation for submission to KRA system and documenting rejected claim
- Support with periodic reports of exports, duty free deliveries, drawback, refunds as required from time to time
- Keep track of all VEK/SVLK Exports to ensure efficient clearance as per prevailing KPI
- Coordinate with all internal imports focal points to ensure no knowledge and process gaps and timely action by the focal points to alleviate clearance delays, demurrage and storage charges.
- Support to all business Units in VEK and SVLK when declaring exports to ensure correct documentation.
Compliance with Regulatory framework
- Maintain daily follow ups with Customs and exports Manager to ensure no negative publicity related to compliance issues and if any raise it immediately with supervisor.
- Action on all non-compliance issues raised by CSD immediately they are raised and get formal confirmations from KRA on close-out of each.
- Monitor changes in the above regulatory environment and focal points on the best way to comply.
- Conduct monthly reconciliation with KRA KOSF to ensure all imported products have been fully accounted for and captured in KRA records.
- Reconciliation of all KRA demands from Customs Services Department to ensure close-out and formal communication of the same by KRA
- Building professional influential rapport with KRA and interpersonal skills to achieve objectives.
- Delivery of timely status reports.
- Compliance with KRA legal framework relating to this role
- Risk of penalization by KRA and the resulting need to keep very good records to mitigate.
- Challenge of ensuring effective supervision and performance of C&F agents
- Working odd hours when supervising vessels discharge
- Solid prior experience of customs processes
- Solid prior experience regarding drawback refunds.
- Proven analytical competencies
- Strong and effective team player.
- High integrity and strong character
- Proven communication and inter-personal skills.
- A sound understanding of accounting principles and concepts and their application and Proficient in IT especially Microsoft Office and SAP.
- A working knowledge with relevant Tax laws (East Africa Community Customs Management Act)
- Good business relationship and contacts with relevant Tax authority teams
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values – Mastery
- Income Tax / VAT/Customs & excise/EACCMA – Mastery
- Accounting skills (working knowledge of standards/practice) – Knowledge
- Displays personal effectiveness – Knowledge
- Team Working – Skill
- Correctness & integrity of figures – Skill
- Demonstrate Courage – Knowledge
- Good communications skills and ability to influence others – Skill
- Shore Officer competences – Skill
How to Apply
MUST READ >>> How To Write A Professional CV