Systems Analyst Jobs, IT Jobs In Kenya, Insurance Regulatory Authority Jobs
The Insurance Regulatory Authority is a State Corporation established under the Insurance Act, Cap 487 of the Laws
of Kenya with the mandate to regulate, supervise and promote development of the insurance industry in Kenya. The
Authority is seeking applications for the following vacant positions:
JOB TITLE Systems Analyst
GRADE/LEVEL IRA 6
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Manager, ICT
Responsible for providing technical expertise, assessing new ICT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance existing application systems
System Administration • Acting as a change agent when defining and executing change requirements;
• Serving as a liaison and facilitator between all business units to assist in addressing and resolving ICT software issues;
• Conducting user acceptance testing and sign-off;
• Investigating and resolving application functionality related issues and providing first level support and troubleshooting of systems;
• Coordinating application development for multiple projects;
• Managing an outsource relationship for 3rd party application development and programming consultants;
• Troubleshooting technical issues and identifying modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements;
• Providing advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology;
• Writing technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations and user guides;
• Providing technical training for users on new IT applications;
• Producing technical documentation for new and existing applications; and
• Assisting in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
Education and knowledge
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field; and
• Relevant ICT certifications such as Prince 2 or PMP, ITIL, MCITP
• Five (5) years’ experience in a similar position;
• Specialist knowledge and diverse experience in systems support and development; and
• Experience in ICT hardware and software maintenance.
• Problem solving and analytical skills;
• Strong communication and presentation skills; and
• Strong organization and inter personal skills.
• Ethical and integrity;
• Strategic thinking; and
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi task
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to present the following statutory documents during the interviews:
Certificate of good conduct from the Director of Criminal Investigations, Clearance Certificate from the Higher
Education Loans Board, Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority, Clearance from the Ethics
and Anti-Corruption Commission, and report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Terms of Offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with
the right candidate.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the
job requirements given, please submit your application (clearly indicating on the envelope the reference number
and position you are applying for) with a detailed CV, stating your position, current remuneration, qualifications,
experience, names and addresses of three referees, email and telephone contacts together with copies of your
certificates and national identification card by close of business on 28th February 2020 to:
Commissioner of Insurance & Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority
P.O Box 43505-00100,
IRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Persons With Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.