Agriculture Director Jobs, Latest Agricultural Jobs, Nakuru County Jobs
An officer at this level will be answerable to the Chief Officer and will be deployed as Head of Department.
Duties and responsibilities will involve:
- Implementation of the Strategic Plan and objectives of the Department;
- Handling technical, administrative, human resource, budgetary and assets management issues;
- Team building and setting performance targets and standards in consultation with the Chief Officer;
- Addressing stakeholders concerns and instituting operational accountability;
- Incorporating new initiatives into the department’s schemes of work;
- Participating in the formulation, development, implementation, monitoring and review of policies, laws and strategies in the agricultural sector.
- Cost effective research to advance County and Sectoral priorities;
- Modernize and make extension services responsive to customer needs;
- Update and rationalize technical training;
- Maximize sustainable gains from crop development activities;
- Devise and apply strategies to maximize value of land and optimize its use for alternative purposes;
- Promote value addition to agricultural produce, standardization and market linkages; and
- Enhance synergies between the County, the Ministry and its State Corporations.
- Have at least served as an Assistant Director of Agriculture or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for at least three (3) years. Officers who have served in job group N and above for at least six(6) years are eligible to apply
- A Master’s Degree in any of the following fields: Food Science, Home Economics, Agriculture, Horticulture, Agriculture Economics, Natural Resource Management, Agribusiness, Agriculture Extension, Agriculture Education or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated a high degree of administrative capability, technical and professional competence as reflected in work performance and
- Have a Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized
- Have a Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution; and,
- Have shown outstanding administrative capability and professional competence.
How to Apply
Each application should be accompanied by a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of relevant Academic and Professional
Certificates/Registration licenses, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials and other relevant documents. Nakuru County residents will be required to indicate their sub-county and ward of residence in the
Each application should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the POSITION APPLIED FOR CLEARLY MARKED ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ENVELOPE and addressed to:
NAKURU COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P. O BOX 2870-00200,
Applications can be submitted either through post or hand delivered to our offices at the Provincial Public Works Building, off the Nakuru – Kabarak Road along prisons road – Nakuru. All applications should be submitted on or before 18th March, 2020 by 5.00pm.