Chief Accountant Jobs, Accounting Jobs 2020, Bomet University College Jobs
Bomet University College (BUC) is a Constituent College of Moi University, established through the Legal Notice No. 145 of 27th July 2017. BUC is located in Bomet County. The BUC invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions;
Chief Accountant Scale BUC 14
- Responsible for accounting and financial functions of the University College.
- Implement adequate and efficient accounting system as a means of maintaining sound financial records, which must recognize, classify, post, summarize and report transactions
- Supervise all operations finance function in the system
- Maintenance of high accounting standards within the department
- Supervision and development of staff in the department
- Carry out administrative and other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
- A Master’s degree and a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Accounting or Finance or Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized University.
- Holder of CPA (K),
- Twelve (12) years’ relevant experience,
- MUST have served as a Senior Accountant for at least three (3) years
- Be registered member of ICPAK or any other recognized accounting professional body; and in Good standing
- Certificate in relevant computer applications from recognized institution
- Demonstrable practical knowledge in application relevant ICT solutions is a mandatory.
- Have a certificate in strategic leadership course or its equivalent lasting not less than four weeks from a recognized institution
- A Ph.D degree in in a relevant areas from a recognized university will be an added advantage
How to Apply
All applicants must satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, by getting clearances from the following bodies: Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC); Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); Commission for University Education (CUE); and Current Certificate of Good Conduct from the National Police Service (NPS).
Interested applicants should visit the Bomet University College website https://www.buc.ac.ke for detailed Job Specifications, Terms of Service, Remuneration and other Job Requirements. The deadline for receiving applications for all the positions advertised is 6th April, 2020 at 5.00 pm. The reference number of the position applied for should be clearly indicated and three (3) copies of the Application addressed and sent to: The Principal, Bomet University College, P.O Box 701-20400, BOMET.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Bomet University College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons having difficulties in performing activities of daily life and marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.