Chief Executive Officer Jobs, Other Professions, NWHSA Jobs
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Job Ref: NWHSA/CEO/2019/2020/01
The Board of Directors is seeking to recruit a dynamic, exceptional and visionary leader with good professional and ethical standing to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer.
- A citizen of Kenya with a Bachelors’ degree ¡n Engineering, Business Administration / Commerce, management, project management or any other related field thereto from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field from a University recognized in Kenya;
- Registration with relevant recognized professional registration body or association (if any) and be in good standing;
- Have at least fifteen (15) years’ experience, five of which should be in a senior management position ¡n a public or private organisation;
- Sound knowledge and application of, among others, Public Finance Management and Public Procurement Procedures ¡n line with Public Finance Management and Public procurement Procedures in line with Public Finance Management Act 2012 and Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act 2015 and its regulations respectively;
- Demonstrable results in work performance;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Meets the requirements of leadership and integrity set out in Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Transformational, strong visionary leadership and negotiation skills with capacity to engage with local, regional and international organizations;
- Conversant with GoK and donor funding mechanisms and various investment models;
- Be an excellent communicator with strong presentation, interpersonal, analytical and team player capacities.
- Demonstrable competence in steering implementation of large scale water or infrastructural projects;
- Be familiar with reforms in the public sector and commercial settings;
- Track history of creativity, innovation, self-driven, result orientation and ability to handle a public organization;
- Be conversant with various investment models including public private partnerships and build operate transfer among others; and
- Should be experienced in steering and managing an organization and related staff welfare matter
How to apply
Application for the above position should be submitted both in electronic and hard copies including academic and professional certificates and Curriculum Vitae, and testimonials in cluding details such as current position, remuneration and three (3) referees on or before Tuesday, 14th April, 2020 at 5:00pm through Email, postage and or hand delivery and addressed to;
National Water Harvesting and Storage Authority,
P.O. Box 30173-00100,
The appointment will be for a contractual period of three (3) years renewable once for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of targets and outcomes set by the Board.
All applicants must provide appropriate evidence of experience (letters of appointment and promotion) and provide valid documents required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by attaching copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Clearance Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau.