Chief Executive Officer Jobs, Administration Jobs 2020, TAWWDA Job
Position: Chief Executive Officer
REF. NO.: ADVERT/TAWWDA/01/CEO/2020:
JOB GRADE TAWWDA 1 – 1 POST
The Board of Directors for Tanathi Water Works Development Agency are seeking to recruit dynamic, exceptional and visionary leader with good professional and ethical standing to fill the position of the Chief Executive Officer. The successful candidate will execute the mandate of the Agency.
He/she will be reporting to the Board of Directors and be responsible for overseeing all the strategic, operational and financial performance of the organization through effective management.
The successful candidate will be appointed on a contract of three (3) years renewable once for a similar period of time subject to satisfactorily performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes set and evaluated by the Board.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership in line with the Tanathi Water Works Development Agency’s strategic plan;
- Oversee implementation of corporate business plan and strategies based on the Agency’s business philosophy, mission, vision and core values;
- Undertake prudent financial management and investment mandates by ensuring sound policies and practices are adopted for optimal utilization and returns;
- Oversee optimal and effective operations of the Agency’s water infrastructure;
- Develop and engage effective leadership teams to ensure excellent performance and effective succession planning at the Agency;
- Develop and strengthen networks and partnerships with the government, development partners and private sector to spearhead fundraising for project implementation and sustainability; and
- Foster a conducive corporate culture that promotes strong ethical practices, good governance, employee productivity and compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements as stipulated in Mwongozo.
- A Citizen of Kenya with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration/Commerce, Management, Project Management, or any other related field thereto from a University/Institution recognized in Kenya.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field from a University/Institution recognized in Kenya.
- Registration with relevant recognized professional registration body or association (if any) and be in good standing.
- Have at least fifteen (15) years’ experience in project development oriented establishment/s preferably in the infrastructure or water sectors, at least five (5) of which must be in a senior management position.
- Sound knowledge and application of, among others, Public Finance Management and Public Procurement Procedures in line with Public Finance Management Act 2012 and Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act 2015 and its regulations respectively.
- Knowledge of water management issues, reforms and mobilization of funds.
- Strong visionary leadership and negotiation skills with capacity to engage with local, regional and international organizations;
- Conversant with GoK, donor funded projects and familiarity with water sector management;
- Strategic thinker with good commercial acumen and ability to identify economic opportunities in changing environment and to capital on them;
- Demonstrate competence in steering implementation of large scale water projects;
- Familiarity with reforms in the public sector and commercial settings;
- Track history of creativity, innovation, self-drive, result orientation and ability to handle a public organization;
- Be conversant with various investment models including public private partnerships and build operate transfer among others;
- A demonstrated adaptability to drive change and transformation, with proven capability of quickly assessing complex situations, generating astute, practical and pragmatic solutions, generating plans of action and addressing problems;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational and team capacities and high professional ethical standing; and
- Should be experienced in steering and managing an organization and related staff welfare matters.
How to Apply
Applicants will be required amongst other qualifications to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 by attaching copies of the following:
- Application letter indicating the position you are interested in;
- Testimonials and Curriculum Vitae indicating work experience, details such as current position, remuneration and names & addresses of three (3) referees;
- Copies of Academic and Professional Certificates;
- Copy of National ID or passport;
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Valid tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and eligible candidates should submit hard copy applications in a plain sealed envelope and clearly marked with the Job Ref. No. and Job Name, and addressed to:
Tanathi Water Works Development Agency,
K.I.D.P Building, Kalawa Road,
P.O Box Private Bag – 90200,
All applications should be submitted not later than Tuesday 14th April, 2020 at 5.00p.m.
Tanathi Water Works Development Agency is an equal opportunity employer. Women, youth, minorities, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted using the address and contacts provided by the candidates in their application letters.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.