Deputy University Librarian Jobs, Current Library Jobs, Bomet University College Jobs
Bomet University College (BUC) is a Constituent College of Moi University, established through the Legal Notice No. 145 of 27th July 2017. BUC is located in Bomet County. The BUC invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions;
Deputy University Librarian, Scale BUC 14
- Manage staff in the library,
- Coordinate Library activities and services in University College
- Performance appraisal of Library staff,
- Coordinate Income Generation activities in the library
- Undertake stocktaking and weeding
- Plan, coordinate and control service delivery processes in the library
- Ensure acquisitions processes
- Undertake Statistical analysis and reporting
- Develop curricular and implement Information training and instruction
- Implement Library policies
- Ensure Information Skills Instruction and User Education
- Maintain Library inventory
- Maintain Library equipment and facilities
- Supervise implementation of performance targets, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of results
- Undertake budget preparation and harmonization for the Library.
- Promote use and application of Information Communication Technologies (ICT) to all staff and users (such as automation and digitization of services (e-Library).
- Ensure continuous evaluation of library services.
- Carry out administrative and other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- A PhD. degree in Library and Information Sciences or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Twelve (12) years’ relevant work experience
- MUST have served as a Senior Librarian I or equivalent level for at least four (4) years
- Published at least four (4) articles in refereed journals or a book (minimum publication score 12 points).
- Evidence of scholarship and/or research in the area of one’s specialization
- A member of professional society/association (KLA, LA, ALA); and in good standing
- Have a certificate in strategic leadership course or its equivalent lasting not less than four weeks from a recognized institution.
How to Apply
All applicants must satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, by getting clearances from the following bodies: Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC); Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); Commission for University Education (CUE); and Current Certificate of Good Conduct from the National Police Service (NPS).
Interested applicants should visit the Bomet University College website https://www.buc.ac.ke for detailed Job Specifications, Terms of Service, Remuneration and other Job Requirements. The deadline for receiving applications for all the positions advertised is 6th April, 2020 at 5.00 pm. The reference number of the position applied for should be clearly indicated and three (3) copies of the Application addressed and sent to: The Principal, Bomet University College, P.O Box 701-20400, BOMET.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Bomet University College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons having difficulties in performing activities of daily life and marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.