Director Jobs 2020, Nyeri County Jobs,
Job Group ‘R’- 1 Post
The Director will be reporting to the Chief Officer, Governor’s Office and will be responsible for the following:
- Ex-Official Member and Secretary to the County Alcoholics Drinks Regulation Committee.
- Administration of the alcoholics Drinks Control and Management Fund.
- Supporting and facilitating County and Sub- County Alcoholic Drinks Regulation Committee in carrying out their functions.
- Facilitate and ensure Public Education on Alcoholics Drinks Control in the County directly and in collaboration with other public or private bodies and institutions.
- Facilitating citizen participation in matters related to Alcoholic Drinks Control in accordance with established laws.
- Facilitating and promoting in collaboration with other county and National Government institutions and establishment of treatment and rehabilitation facilities and programmes.
- Carrying out research directly or in collaboration with other institutions and serve as the repository of data and statistics related to Alcoholics Drinks Control.
- Developing in collaboration with other relevant County and National Government departments strategies and plans for implementation of the County Alcoholics Drinks and Management Act.
- Advising the Executive Member on the exercise on County Policy and laws to be adopted in regard to the production, manufacture, sale and consumption of alcoholic drinks.
- In collaboration with other relevant county departments, prepare and submit reports as per requirements of applicable laws.
- Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of this County Alcoholic, Drinks and Management Act.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Be a Kenyan Citizen.
- Be a holder of a Bachelors degree in Management, Administration or any other Social Science in a relevant field from a University recognized in Kenya.
- Have relevant experience of not less than five (5) years in Public/ Private/ Senior Administration and Management.
- A post graduate qualification in a relevant field and proven experience in a regulatory framework will be an added advantage.
Terms of service
- Three (3) years contract.
Salary and benefits
- Salary will be as per the regulations by Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
The following clearance certificates should be attached to the application:
- A Higher Education Loans Board Clearance Certificate;
- A Valid Certificate of Good Conduct;
- A Credit Reference Bureau Clearance Certificate from a recognized body;
- A Kenya Revenue Authority Clearance Certificate;
- A Clearance Form from Ethics & Anti-corruption commission of Kenya
How to Apply
Hard copy of duly filled Employment Form together with the required documents should be sent or hand delivered to:
NYERI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
KARSON’S PHOTO HOUSE KIMATHI STREET
P.O BOX 90-10100,
CELLPHONE: 0745342000 / 0733977003
All applications (hard delivered or through post office) should be received on or before 7th April 2020 at 5.00pm
- Any communication from the County Public Service Board SHALL be through the above provided address and cellphone.
- The County Public Service Board does not charge for any of the recruitment exercises, including shortlisting and appointment. Any request for payment or favor should be reported to the police for appropriate action.
- The County Government of Nyeri is an equal opportunity employer
- People living with disability are encouraged to apply
- Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted by the Board.