Driver Jobs, Ministry Of Defence Jobs
Applications are invited for the following posts in the Ministry of Defence
Driver III – CSG 16 – Fifteen (15) POSTS (Advert 2/2020) Basic Salary: Kshs. 14,610 – 16,250 p.m.
House Allowance: Depending on area of deployment Commuter Allowance: Kshs. 3,000
Leave Allowance: Kshs. 4,000 (Once yearly)
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable.
This is the entry grade into the driver’s cadre. Duties and responsibilities at this level will involve:
- driving a motor vehicle as authorized;
- carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tire pressure, etc.;
- detecting and reporting malfunction of vehicle systems; maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned;
- ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road;
- safety of the passengers and/or goods therein; and maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have: –
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D (Plain) or its equivalent qualification;
- a valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(es) of vehicle(s) an officer is required to drive;
- attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution;
- passed Suitability Test for Driver Grade III;
- a current Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police; and
- At least two (2) years driving experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE application form PSC2 (Revised 2016) and submit the same together with copies of the required certificates. The application form may be downloaded from Public Service Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke and Ministry of Defence www.mod.go.ke
Completed application forms should reach the Cabinet Secretary; Ministry of Defence, P.O. Box 40668 – 00100, NAIROBI or hand delivered to Ulinzi House gate off Lenana Road; on or before 6th April, 2020.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- Qualified persons irrespective of gender, age, race, culture, religion, marital status or disability are encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Applicants should not give money to anybody purporting to be in a position to help whatsoever. Any corruption report should be made via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR: PRINCIPAL SECRETARY