Economist Jobs, Latest County Government Jobs, Nakuru County Jobs
ECONOMISTS II / STATICIAN II –
POSITIONS -FIFTEEN (15)
Vacancy No. 01/2020/24
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.34, 260 – Ksh. 44,750 p.m (Job Group ‘K’)
Allowances as per the SRC circulars attached to the position.
Terms of service: Three (3) years renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
In the Economist II cadre, duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Providing economic planning data,
- Economic analysis,
- Formulation of development strategies,
- Identification, preparation and evaluation of development projects and programs and monitoring of their implementation;
- Conducting feasibility studies, determining project viability and setting project priorities;
- Collection, collation and analysis of data relating to production and marketing of agricultural/industrial products.
- Computerization and analysis of data,
- Writing and submitting reports on specific assignments,
- Control and supervision of technical and other supporting staff.
In the Statistician II cadre, duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
Management of a specific economic sector or an area of statistical activity;
- Drawing survey questionnaires and setting up control procedures for receiving returns and taking the necessary action;
- Collection, collation, computerization and analysis of data;
- Writing and submitting reports on specific assignments; and,
- Offering direction to and supervision of technical and other supporting staff.
- A minimum of an upper Second class Honors degree in Economics, or Economics and Mathematics, or Economics and statistics from a recognized University/ institution; or
- A minimum of an upper second class Honors in any of the subjects enumerated at (i) above with a bias towards Computer Science, Operations Research, Survey Techniques and Demographic Techniques from a recognized University/institution;
- A minimum of an upper Second Class Honors degree in Statistics with appropriate specialization from a recognized University/
- A postgraduate Bachelor of philosophy degree in Economics from any recognized institution of higher learning or a post graduate diploma or Masters degree in subjects enumerated at (i) – (iii) above.
How to Apply
Each application should be accompanied by a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of relevant Academic and Professional
Certificates/Registration licenses, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials and other relevant documents. Nakuru County residents will be required to indicate their sub-county and ward of residence in the
Each application should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the POSITION APPLIED FOR CLEARLY MARKED ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ENVELOPE and addressed to:
NAKURU COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P. O BOX 2870-00200,
Applications can be submitted either through post or hand delivered to our offices at the Provincial Public Works Building, off the Nakuru – Kabarak Road along prisons road – Nakuru. All applications should be submitted on or before 18th March, 2020 by 5.00pm.