Finance Director Jobs, Latest Finance Jobs, Grant Thornton Jobs
Position: Finance Director
Our client provides quality private healthcare to residents of Kenya and the neighboring countries.
They are looking to fill the position of a Finance Director.
The Position holder will be responsible for providing strategic leadership in business and financial planning, monitoring, management and reporting, including development of policies, systems, processes that would safeguard the financial resources and lead to attainment of set goals and objectives.
- Ensure working in close cooperation with the Chief Operating Officer that an appropriate financial policy framework is in place to guide the financial decision making in terms of clarity on turnover, profit, costs and investment and forward planning.
- Contribute to the preparation of the strategic plan including Preparation of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Ensure formulation and implementation of divisional and departmental plans in line with the corporate objectives
- Maintain records to meet legal and tax requirements and to measure both the inputs and the outcomes of the operations including provision of accounting services for use by managers in planning and controlling the work of their departments, to cover financial accounting, management accounting, and forecasting, budgeting and control systems.
- Maintain contact with bankers, investment managers, pension advisers and auditors.
- Continually review the Finance manuals and policy documents to ensure compliance with the strategy and the present challenges
- Provide professional financial and corporate advice to Senior Management, the Board and its Committees.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Prepare accurate and up to date financial and management accounting information to facilitate the preparation of reliable reports, budgets, business plans and management decisions.
- Create and maintain good and effective working relations with banks, financial institutions, statutory bodies and key/leading corporate clients.
- Maintain effective cash flow and treasury management.
- Co-ordinate and guide Senior Management and Heads of Departments in the preparation and evaluation of divisional/departmental annual budgets and consolidate the same into a budget.
- Build in systems and procedures for monitoring performance against budget.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of management and financial information.
- Establish and maintain effective control systems for the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end management and statutory accounts.
- Implement capital expenditure projects and asset acquisitions and maintain an up to date assets register.
- Design and manage the implementation of effective front office systems for admission and discharge of patients, proper recording and billing, collection of all monies due, and institution of appropriate recovery action on any outstanding debts.
- Ensure balanced processes and procedures are in place to maintain internal control and internal equity.
- Ensure appropriate financial reporting at departmental, divisional and levels as well as establish, monitor and report performance indicators to various levels of management and the Board.
- Establish and maintain effective internal control systems and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Chief Operating Officer.
- Master’s in business administration.
- Professional qualifications in CPA (K) ACCA, ACA or any other recognized professional accounting qualification.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior management role ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience gained in a high-growth organization.
- Proven record of accomplishment of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
- Good knowledge and understanding of computerized accounting systems preferably in a multi user/network environment.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise;
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and ability to effectively interface with senior management.
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading “FINANCE DIRECTOR” by Friday 10th April 2020 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.