Health Field Officer Jobs, Latest NGO Jobs, ICRC Jobs
Position: Health Field Officer
The Health Field Officer (ALMANACH Trainer) is the focal person for the implementation and monitoring of the ALgorithms for the MANagement of Acute CHildhood illnesses program in Somalia. He/She is responsible for building up the capacity of the ICRC Health Field Officers and SRCS team to run the ALMANACH program. He/she plans, organizes and monitors the implementation of the programs in accordance with organization’s objectives.
This is a national/resident position based in Nairobi and with frequent travel to Somalia.
- Makes regular field visits to assess, monitor and support the clinics that will implement ALgorithms for the MANagement of Acute CHildhood illnesses (ALMANACH) and provide comprehensive report evaluating the program impact and making recommendations
- Ensures that updated guidelines especially Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses (IMCI) guidelines are implemented and followed in the ICRC supported health facilities
- Conducts training needs assessment and analyses education requirements of trainees
- Develops the ALMANACH training curriculum and the learning objectives
- Organizes training activities, coordinates and supports faculty of ALMANACH trainers
- Conducts training of health facility workers
- Coaches and supports the SRCS clinics in implementation of ALMANACH program
- Monitors the implementation of the Standard Operating Procedures for referrals from clinics to hospitals especially for under-fives
- Designs course materials and any related educational materials
- Evaluates the quality and the impact of training in coordination with Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Develops concepts for continuous learning and eLearning, blended learning and information search strategies
- Develops and maintains the learning material repositories; computerized Learning Management System
- Maintains networks with relevant stakeholders in Somalia for the efficient implementation of ALMANACH project in the selected SRCS Primary Health Care facilities
- Supports the ICRC in training the under-five nurses in integrated management of childhood illnesses(IMCI) using the national guideline
- Good knowledge of IMCI teaching and training principles; teaching experience in IMCI would be a strong asset
- Experience in the design of training curriculum and in the preparation of training materials
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Somali language
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- At least 3 years’ experience in conception and roll out of training courses in health especially in Educational institutions or humanitarian sector
- Minimum university degree in Medicine, Nursing or Public Health
- Team Management skills and ability to work independently
- Computer proficiency especially in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexibility and willingness to travel extensively in Somalia
- Good knowledge of political, social and cultural environment of this region
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 26th March 2020. Clearly indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.