HR Officer Jobs, Latest HR Jobs 2020, SOS Children’s Villages Jobs
Position: Senior HR Officer
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an affiliate of SOS CV- International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health institutions and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
The Senior Human Resources Officer, under the supervision of the Human Resource & Administration Manager, will co-ordinate day to day operations and provide technical expertise and guidance in the following functional areas:
Recruitment, Induction and Onboarding, Performance Management and Work Development, Individual and Collective Learning and Development, Employee Relations and Compensation.
- Reviews human resources management practices on a continuous basis, and develops new strategies and policies, which enhance the long-term commitment of the staff.
- Supports the Human Resource & Administration Manager prepare, review and monitor the annual human resource budget and ensure effective implementation of the national human resource strategy.
- Coordinates the recruitment, selection and onboarding of staff in line with internal policies
- Prepares orientation programmes for new staff, and ensures new staffs at all levels receive appropriate orientation to the organisation.
- Coordinates staff engagement meetings at the National office and locations in conjunction with management and location programme heads respectively.
- Provides support, guidance and counsel to staff at all levels. Ensures open communication channels are maintained at all times.
- Promotes good working relationships in the organization by providing guidance and advice to management and employees on the appropriate policies and procedures with regards to disciplinary cases.
- Liaise closely with external legal counsel as required and manage labour disputes with employer bodies, government agencies and labour relation authorities.
- Support the implementation of a vibrant performance management system in the organization to achieve quality and operational efficiency.
- Designs and supports relevant learning and development programs for all staff in order to ensure staff are provided with adequate opportunities for self- improvement and progression within the organisation
- Supports the implementation of Compensation and Benefit strategies by coordinating periodic salary surveys, satisfaction and engagement surveys and designing compensation packages that motive staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management OR An alternate Bachelor’s degree with a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management from reputable institutions.
- Minimum five (5) years’ relevant professional experience, prefarably in an NGO set up
- A masters degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent disicipline will be an added advantage
- Certified Human Resource (CHRP) Level II and III will be an added advantage
- A member in good standing of Institute of Human Resources Management Kenya, with a valid practicing certificate
- Have the ability to influence and partner with different levels of staff in the organization to build and maintain a positive work environment.
- Have a strong grasp of Kenyan labour and employment laws.
- Demonstrated Ability to analyze situations and take corrective actions
- Excellent quality, attention to detail, & organizational skills
- Commitment to process of continuous improvement.
- Valid certificate of Good Conduct
How to Apply
This position offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application & updated CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the National Director to reach us on or before 4th April 2020 by email to: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.