Land Admin Offer Jobs, Other Professions 2020, NLC Jobs
Position: Land Administration Officer
Gross Salary: Kshs. 65,000 – Max Kshs. 95,000
An Officer appointed position will be responsible for the compilation of various land administration correspondences, verification of property and surveying particulars and the development of applications on land development, to ensure all standards of the directorate are adhered to.
The successful candidate will be responsible to perform the following functions;
- Compile and draft land allotment letters and submit to the Senior Officer for review and onward transmission
- Draft Valuation requisition forms for determining of rent and stand premium, to ensure correct payments are made to the Commission
- Compile and draft letters to forward executed titles and documents for registration for review and approval by the Director
- Draft briefs on communicating decisions on applications for extensions and renewal of leases and submit for review to Senior Officer and onward transmission
- Process development application and establish status of land, to keep up to date files on land for faster retrieval of information
- Conduct site inspections, and compile findings, reports and make recommendations for submission to the Senior Officer for review
- Verify property and surveying particulars, to ensure that all procedures and processes of land acquisition has been adhered to
- Capture new files into the file tracking system, for easy retrieval of information on specific files that need urgent follow ups
- Update land records in land administration, to ensure continuous flow of information within the commission
- Process applications for land and land development and submit for review by the Senior officer, to ensure standardization of development processes and alignment of the process to the set standards and guidelines of the Directorate
- Receive and respond to complaints based on land matters and escalate the issues raised to the relevant parties
- Bachelor’s degree in Land Economics, Land Management, Land Administration, Real Estate Management, Geography Law, Anthropology , Sociology or any other relevant course from a recognized institution
- Three (3) years of service, or similar experience in a comparable position from a reputable organization
- Relevant legislations for the land sector
- Professional Standards
- Land use legislation and by-laws
- Land use application and appeals process
- Land claims and negotiations processes
- Proficiency in Computer applications
- Good Communication skills
How to Apply
Applicants should submit copies of the following:
- Application letter together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae including names of three referees and their full contacts (name, post office box number, email address, and telephone/mobile phone contact;
- Copies of academic certificates and testimonials;
- Certificate of good conduct, clearance/compliance from HELB, EACC, Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and KRA Tax Compliance Certificate.
- Applications without the relevant qualifications and supporting documents as required will not be
- All applications should include job reference numbers (on the envelop and application letter), a reliable email address and day-time telephone
Applicants are advised to visit our website www.landcommission.go.ke for instructions on how to apply. Applicants MUST apply both online and submit hard copies of their application. In case you do not hear from us, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that canvassing for these positions will lead to automatic disqualification.
The National Land Commission is an equal opportunity employer; women, people from marginalized areas and Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The applications should reach the office of the Secretary/ CEO, National Land Commission by
31st March, 2020 on/or before 5.00pm.
All Applications should be submitted to:
The Secretary/CEO National Land Commission 1st Ngong Road, Avenue
ACK Garden Annex, 7th Floor, P.O Box 44417-00100