Legal Officer Jobs, Latest Legal Jobs, NLC Jobs
An officer appointed to this position will be responsible for rendering legal services in preparation
of legal opinions, studies, reports and correspondence as well as ensuring the provision of effective legal advice on a diverse range of substantive and procedural issues.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the senior legal officer, the officer will be performing the following duties;
- Ensure the timely filing of Court documents
- Attend court in various cases in which the Commission is party
- Draft legal documents pertaining to different
- Write reports on various assignments.
- Advise walk in clients on various land matters.
- Conduct research on various substantive and procedural
- Attend the Commission’s meetings and rendering legal
- Carry out review of grants and dispositions of public land to establish their legality or propriety.
- Attend court on behalf of the Commission to tender evidence or adduce
Academic and Professional Qualifications
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized institution.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law from Kenya School of Law
- Practicing Certificate as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Must have served as a Legal Officer in the public or private sector for at least three(3) years
Applicants must possess knowledge and skills in the following areas;
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Good knowledge of the constitution of Kenya
- Good Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
How To Apply
Applicants are advised to visit our website www.landcommission.go.ke for instructions on how to apply. Applicants MUST apply both online and submit hard copies of their application. In case you do not hear from us, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that canvassing for these positions will lead to automatic disqualification.
The National Land Commission is an equal opportunity employer; women, people from marginalized areas and Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The applications should reach the office of the Secretary/ CEO, National Land Commission by
31st March, 2020 on/or before 5.00pm.
All Applications should be submitted to:
National Land Commission 1st Ngong Road,
Avenue ACK Garden Annex, 7th Floor,
P.O Box 44417-00100