Library Assistant Jobs, Librarian Jobs March, Ministry Of Defence Jobs
Applications are invited for the following posts in the Ministry of Defence.
LIBRARY ASSISTANT III – CSG 13 – 6 POSTS (ADVERT 9/2020)
Basic Salary: Ksh. 21,500 – 28,970 p.m.
House Allowance: Depending on area of deployment
Commuter Allowance: Ksh 4,000
Leave Allowance: (Once yearly) Ksh 4,000
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable.
This will be the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will be responsible for:
- receiving, stamping and recording of incoming information/materials, books/documents and publications; shelving, charging and discharging Library materials;
- pasting date due labels; and ensuring compliance with stipulated due dates; preparing file pockets; spiral labeling; book jackets and press cuttings.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE) mean grade C- (Minus) or recognized equivalent qualification with at least a C- in either Mathematics, English or Kiswahili;
- Certificate in Library or Information Studies or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution; and
- Proficiency in computer applications
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE application form PSC (Revised 2016) and submit the same together with copies of the required certificates. The application form may be downloaded from Public Service Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke and Ministry of Defence www.mod.go.ke
Completed application forms should reach the Cabinet Secretary; Ministry of Defence, P.O. Box 40668 – 00100, NAIROBI or hand delivered to Ulinzi House gate off Lenana Road; on or before 6th April, 2020.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- Qualified persons irrespective of gender, age, race, culture, religion, marital status or disability are encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Applicants should not give money to anybody purporting to be in a position to help whatsoever. Any corruption report should be made via email: email@example.com
FOR: PRINCIPAL SECRETARY