Motor Vehicle Mechanic Jobs, Other Professions, Ministry Of Defence Jobs
Applications are invited for the following posts in the Ministry of Defence.
ARTISAN III (MOTOR VEHICLE MECHANIC III) – CSG 15 – Twenty Five (25) POSTS (Advert 1/2020)
Basic Salary: Ksh. 15,670 – 17,570 p.m.
House Allowance: Depending on area of deployment
Commuter Allowance: Ksh 3,000
Leave Allowance: (Once yearly) Ksh 4,000
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable.
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre and the officer will work under the supervision and guidance of a senior officer. Duties entail:
- Inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters,
- Maintain vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical malfunctions; replacing parts and components;
- Verifying vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Maintaining vehicle records by recording service and repairs
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have: –
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade ‘D’ plain or its equivalent from a recognized institution; and
- Artisan National Trade Test Certificate Grade III/apprentice Certificate awarded by the National Industrial Training Authority or its equivalent, and relevant qualification from a recognized institution
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE application form PSC2 (Revised 2016) and submit the same together with copies of the required certificates. The application form may be downloaded from Public Service Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke and Ministry of Defence www.mod.go.ke
Completed application forms should reach the Cabinet Secretary; Ministry of Defence, P.O. Box 40668 – 00100, NAIROBI or hand delivered to Ulinzi House gate off Lenana Road; on or before 6th April, 2020.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualifications
- Qualified persons irrespective of gender, age, race, culture, religion, marital status or disability are encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Applicants should not give money to anybody purporting to be in a position to help whatsoever. Any corruption report should be made via email: email@example.com
FOR: PRINCIPAL SECRETARY