Natural Resource Chief Officer Jobs, Agricultural Jobs 2020, NLC Jobs
An officer appointed to this position will be responsible for developing and implementing programmes and projects the directorate has set in regards to Natural Resources Management
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible to perform the following functions;
- Provide technical guidance regarding data and information gathering for the development of a land based natural resources inventory for the
- Assist in establishing stakeholder linkages for the sustainable management of the country’s natural
- Support and assist in the development of bankable proposals for natural resource conservation and related resource mobilization programmes for the
- Assist in tracking the implementation of various environmental and natural resources multilateral agreements (MEAs)
- Participate in stakeholder
- Develop and update the information sharing framework for natural resource management.
- Assist in enhancing stakeholder
- Assist in responding to diverse stakeholder issues
- Facilitate the development of a natural resource information sharing framework
Academic and Professional Qualification
For Appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; Natural resource management, environmental Science , Development studies, Biological Sciences, Agriculture, Botany and mineral sciences or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in Management course not lasting less than four weeks from a recognized institution
- Must have at least six ( 6) years’ experience three (3) of which at senior officer or equivalents.
Applicants must possess level of knowledge and skills in the following areas;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Knowledge of professional standards
- Proficiency in Computer applications
- Good Communication skills
How To Apply
Applicants are advised to visit our website www.landcommission.go.ke for instructions on how to apply. Applicants MUST apply both online and submit hard copies of their application. In case you do not hear from us, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that canvassing for these positions will lead to automatic disqualification.
The National Land Commission is an equal opportunity employer; women, people from marginalized areas and Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The applications should reach the office of the Secretary/ CEO, National Land Commission by
31st March, 2020 on/or before 5.00pm.
All Applications should be submitted to:
National Land Commission 1st Ngong Road,
Avenue ACK Garden Annex, 7th Floor,
P.O Box 44417-00100