Records Management Principal Officer Jobs, Other Professions 2020, NLC Jobs
An officer appointed to this position will be responsible for oversight of efficient and effective creation, capture, processing, storage, maintenance, retrieval, access, use, appraisal, preservation and disposal of the commission data in line with the set data standards by the department to ensure that users get data as and when required and that the data is efficiently utilized.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible to perform the following functions
- Supervise and appraise staff under this cadre and offer leadership to them in the routine provision of services in the entire
- Manage the records management units in the commission to ensure that they make available data whenever it is required for easy execution of activities that require data
- Coordinate training on records management to increase the capacity of the staff in record handling and utilization
- Monitor and evaluate records management programmes and projects to ensure that they are implemented and happen as intended and that they are in line with the commission’s overall mandate
- Plan, organize and implement records management programmes and ensure that they conform with the commission’s goals and objectives
- Formulate and implement records management policies, guidelines and standards to ensure that records are utilized as intended
- Oversee the operations of various records management units to ensure that their operations are in line with the set policies, guidelines and standards by the records department
- Plan appropriate office accommodation for records management units to ensure the safe custody of the records
- Advise the commission on all the matters related to proper records management and practices to ensure that the commission has up to date practices
- Initiate appraisal and disposal of records in accordance with laid down procedures to ensure that the records kept are in line with the set standards and that the obsolete records are disposed of effectively
- Prepare records retention and disposal schedules to be used in the entire commission
- Regular review of file classification and indexing schemes to maintain up to date classification and indexing
- Ensure security of the records from physical, biological and chemical agents of destruction so that the records are always available as and when required
- Compile performance progress report for easy auditing of records management systems
- Maintain an updated register of mail and circulation of files within the commission for easy retrieval of mails
- Requisition of records management resources in order to adequately facilitate the department in its delivery of services
- Ensure that files are opened and closed as per the laid down procedures and that the automated records management systems are
Academic and Professional Qualifications
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have:
- Degree in Records Management, Information Management, Information Science or Library Science or an Equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in Archives and Records Management
- Nine (9) years of service, three (3) of which should be in a comparable position from a reputable
- Certificate in management course lasting not less than four weeks from a recognized institution
Applicants must possess knowledge and skills in the following areas;
- Relevant legislations
- Professional Standards
- Proficiency in computer application
- Good Communication skills
How To Apply
Applicants are advised to visit our website www.landcommission.go.ke for instructions on how to apply. Applicants MUST apply both online and submit hard copies of their application. In case you do not hear from us, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that canvassing for these positions will lead to automatic disqualification.
The National Land Commission is an equal opportunity employer; women, people from marginalized areas and Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The applications should reach the office of the Secretary/ CEO, National Land Commission by
31st March, 2020 on/or before 5.00pm.
All Applications should be submitted to:
National Land Commission 1st Ngong Road,
Avenue ACK Garden Annex, 7th Floor,
P.O Box 44417-00100