Regional Desk Officer Jobs, Latest NGO Jobs, Islamic Relief Worldwide Jobs
Position: Regional Desk Officer
Reporting to the Regional Desk Coordinator (or Regional Director), the Regional Desk Officer will support the RDC/Regional Director to ensure that country programmes are implemented and reported on in a timely and of a qualitative manner according to the Country and Regional Programme Strategies and that the projects are well represented internally and externally. Any issues relating to line management and strategic issues will be referred to the Regional Director. The Regional Desk Officer is accountable to fulfil his/her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) code of conduct, values and principles.
The role is responsible for:
· Supporting country offices in appraising documents, securing funding for, monitoring and reporting to donors on country programmes and projects.
· Supporting in setting of budgets and monitoring expenditure
· Ensuring that all information related to country programmes are organised and accessible
Key Accountability 1: PROGRAMMES DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION
· Keep an up to-date overview of operational matters in respective countries
· Appraise project proposals submitted by field offices to ensure that they have clear sense of purpose and direction and to report any major deviations to the line manager.
· Ensure that the quality of proposals and budgets consider value for money which fit into the overall country and regional strategy.
· Assist field offices in producing high-quality project proposals for funding from both IRW and institutional donors in accordance to country context.
· Support field offices in securing funding from institutions and IR Partners on behalf of the country programme where necessary
Key Accountability 2: PLANNING & BUDGETING
· Participate in the development of country, regional and global strategy and in policy development based on IR experience in respective Country.
· Assist the CD, Programme Managers and Head of Programmes to draw up and annual action plans and business plans, and monitor implementation of these plans
· Ensure that the country offices submit project, quarterly, annual and external audit reports on time.
· Work with finance staff in the development of project and country budgets
· Work closely with Finance Department to issue pin-codes for new projects, review budgets and provide timely feedback to Finance Managers, and follow up fund transfer requests
Key Accountability 3: REPORTING, ANALYSIS, INNOVATIVE THINKING & PROBLEM-SOLVING
· Review and appraise donors/partners reports submitted by Country Offices to ensure they are of high quality and in accordance to donor requirements.
· Follow up with Country Offices to ensure that donors and partners reports are submitted on time and in correct format.
· Analyse Country Office budgets to ensure value for money and ensure that programme support cost remain reasonable and cross-charged effectively against country support budget.
· Analyse the security situation and humanitarian space in a country, its implication for IRW capacity and programming, and give recommendations to the RDC and Head of Region
· Report major deviation from compliance with directives and policies to the Head of Region.
· Resolve or report challenges to programme delivery
· A graduate degree in the field of development studies, economics, disaster management
· An in-depth understanding of international development issues
· Proven experience in development/humanitarian areas
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Proven track record of working in a similar role with an International NGO
· Proven track record of field work experience with INGOs in developing countries in rehabilitation; development and emergency contexts, preferably in a country of the targeted region
· Experience of and commitment to a participatory, supportive, open environment to ensure the learning and development of all.
· Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation of programmes; use of quantitative and qualitative research data collection in support of programme development.
· Proven experience and knowledge of effective budgetary control and grant management.
· Strong and well developed analytical skills coupled with experience of writing quality proposals and reports
· Experience of remote management
· Good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, sensitivity to others’ views and perspectives, and conflict resolution.
· Problem solving skills
· Culturally sensitive
· Able to work with the most vulnerable groups including women and children,
· Good team work skills with the ability to work with different and sometime conflicting agendas
· Excellent written and spoken English
· Abide by IRW Code of Conduct and other related Codes of Conduct.
· Willingness to travel at very short notice.
· Experience of working in the sectors of livelihood projects, WATSAN and Nutrition.
· Experience of advocacy and communications work.
· Written and spoken command of regional languages.
Please apply in confidence with your certificates/degrees and trainings that you may have received in the recent past.
Contact details of the two Referees from the most recent employments.
Up to date CV Motivational letter to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Clearly mention the job title in the subject line and also mention where you have seen the job advert such as Relief web.